lol. online DRM for console?

#1Blue_ChevalierPosted 5/1/2013 4:00:03 PM
What's the point of that? If I HAVE to have a console always connected to the net to EVEN PLAY, then I'd rather get a top line PC and upgrade that. It's really that simple. Why would I want a gimped version of a PC with software that dies the moment the servers die.

PC games have better PPG counts, mods, and generally have better graphics or fps.
At least I'll be able to use my PC for other programs if I have a net outage. Or I can pop in some System Shock 2, whatever. And I like collecting my favorite games, and having a nice, clean, hard copy on the shelf set up like a good book.

I understand that there will be plenty of people who are okay with it and will buy it day 1. More power to them, since it's their or their family's money. But when it comes to me, I'd rather have a customizable rig that has more versatility and utility at the cost of being a more expensive investment at first.

Oh, I'm also aware M$ won't miss me. Cool beans.
---
GT: Blue Pellasiwe.
Yeah, I'm that bad at this.
#2metroidman92Posted 5/1/2013 6:23:06 PM
VALVe needs to hurry up and unveil the Steam Box. At least with that, they'd likely add an offline mode.
---
It's powered by a forsaken child?!
Might be, kind of. I mean, I didn't use the whole thing!
#3FoppePosted 5/1/2013 10:08:43 PM
I must be online to buy games for my Steambox?
*cancel preorder*
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#4josh924Posted 5/1/2013 10:41:00 PM
Can't you just wait for an official confirmation as to whether or not the next Xbox will even have online DRM? You only have to wait 20 more days.
---
I like how the GameFAQs spellcheck shows that the word "Wii" is fine, but the words "Xbox" and "Kinect" show up as typos.
#5metroidman92Posted 5/2/2013 11:27:50 AM
Foppe posted...
*cancel preorder*

Well, I'd figure it would let us play games from our Steam Library, which would require being connected at least once in order to DL/stream the games.

Actually, has Valve even confirmed they're working on it? They sure do like to keep a lid on their current projects.
---
It's powered by a forsaken child?!
Might be, kind of. I mean, I didn't use the whole thing!
#6FoppePosted 5/2/2013 12:14:59 PM
metroidman92 posted...
Foppe posted...
*cancel preorder*

Well, I'd figure it would let us play games from our Steam Library, which would require being connected at least once in order to DL/stream the games.

Actually, has Valve even confirmed they're working on it? They sure do like to keep a lid on their current projects.

They have confirmed that they are working on it, that it will be Linux based and that it's not Piston.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC