Are any of you considering skipping out on these new gen. consoles?

#1ThisIsMithosPosted 5/21/2013 11:42:25 AM(edited)
I am. First of all, I don't really enjoy the games like I used to. I remember and love the simplicity of games like Pokemon, Advance Wars, and lots of stuff on the Gamecube that felt genuine like Super Mario Sunshine and didn't try to force content through graphics and online play.

I feel like since CoD has taken over, everything feels monotonous for the most part. Then you factor in the inevitably high cost the PS4 and XB1 will have and all the other crap they add onto it with the sharing and the apps, etc. I just feel like it's not worth my time anymore.

I liked gaming when it was simple and catchy. Not crazy online MP, not crazy graphics, voice control, etc. Now we have to pay to play used games? IDK, this just feels stupid to me.

For me, there's just something about Super Mario Bros. and the more original games of the past that make me not care about these new consoles. Anyone agree?
#2HitagiPosted 5/21/2013 11:42:10 AM
nope, PS4 looks beast
#3kaliskonigPosted 5/21/2013 11:42:57 AM
Got the WiiU. At least I know I will be getting good games soon. The PS4 and One seem to be putting games last.
#4Psycho_KenshinPosted 5/21/2013 11:43:10 AM
It's all about the games. I won't buy one day one if there isn't a must have launch game for me, etc, but it's likely some games will entice me at some point.

That said, if you have to pay a fee to play the same game on one console with two profiles having separate saves, will not buy.
---
One Piece: Pirates with style!
-= Metal Gear Solid: Tactical Espionage Action =-
#5digiblasterPosted 5/21/2013 11:44:10 AM
kaliskonig posted...
Got the WiiU. At least I know I will be getting good games soon. The PS4 and One seem to be putting games last.

PS4 seems to be going for more of a balance. What I've seen of this on the other hand...
---
Yeah, that's a problem games had back then. You actually had to get good at them. - Mctias
#6r_m_8_8Posted 5/21/2013 11:44:46 AM
3DS - PS4 - WiiU - PC

:)
---
Now playing: Paper Mario SS, Castlevania OoE, Mark of the Ninja, SFxT.
| 3DS | PS3 | PC | Wii |
#7leon_trunksPosted 5/21/2013 11:45:00 AM
PS4: tons of first party games, guaranteed 3rd party games, sharing and spectating competitive games, free online, blu-rays and netflix.

I honestly don't need anything else from a gaming console.
---
Sketch Blog - paperuni.blogspot.com
#8bury_me_a_g_x2Posted 5/21/2013 11:45:22 AM
Buy a Nintendo 64 and get off this board.
#9SilentThiefPosted 5/21/2013 11:45:23 AM
I normally buy at least 2 consoles each gen but I'm considering skipping them all this time.
#10SergioMach5Posted 5/21/2013 11:45:26 AM
might wait it out, a new xbox is all about a living room I dont have, and the PS4 seems to have games but just not wowing me.
Wii U?
---
Wants sequels to Timesplitters, Amped 2, Mirrors Edge, Sleeping Dogs, Burnout and Need For Speed Underground.