Rate Microsoft's Xbox One conference

#11AFreebyPosted 5/21/2013 11:59:30 AM
I'll give them a 1/10 for at least showing the console, but that conference was abysmal.
---
Before me things create were none, save things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Official Dark Emperor Mundus of the DmC board
#12CorduroyBearPosted 5/21/2013 11:59:48 AM
One/10
---
4 8 15 16 23 42
#13Ghost-inZeShellPosted 5/21/2013 12:00:23 PM
Fail/10
#14NE_PatriotsFanPosted 5/21/2013 12:01:12 PM
darksolgamer posted...
NE_PatriotsFan posted...
Xbox One out of Ten

So by that logic, by the time Xbox Ten is out we'll have the best console ever

So by that logic..

Xbox
Xbox 360
Xbox One

Wait, i dont see any logic in this...
---
This site is full of trolls, Right Zack?
#15moup94Posted 5/21/2013 12:01:48 PM
2/10
I almost fell asleep.
#16CrusnikCainPosted 5/21/2013 12:03:04 PM
i have no issue with the actual console but the conference doesn't even qualify for a free rating
---
Gamer Tag : CrusnikCain
#17jnetheryPosted 5/21/2013 12:04:04 PM
Terrible. 1/10. I say this as someone who was a big fan of the 360 for most of this gen too. It is my primary console. I use it constantly. However, I will be getting a PS4 this time. Sony made me WANT their console because of the GAMES it will have. MS showed me a cable box that can also play Sports, Racing and FPS games? Sorry, I'll pass. Also, the few games they did show looked visually inferior to the games Sony showed (not that I'm a graphics whore or anything, I'm just saying....).
---
1: If you think your opinion is fact, then I will ignore you.
2: If you butcher the English language or abuse Netspeak, see #1.
#18_Final_Phoenix_Posted 5/21/2013 12:09:05 PM(edited)
Not counting all outside variables and sources? (Like reports about used games, etc)

5.5, maybe a 6; slightly above average. Not particularly BAD, but a bit of a let down. I personally am not a big video game sports guy, with exception to the one series they didn't mention; NHL.

I don't care if it's not a game, but I AM looking forward to 343 and Spielberg's Halo show.

The controller (with the exception of the back) seems amazing, as expected. I don't like the colour of the face buttons, but that's totally personal and superficial. To be honest, if it was the EXACT same as 360, I woulda been totally on board with it.

The console itself looked.....fine, I guess. I mean, at least we get to see it.

I still think that it was a mistake to focus the xbox as an "all-in-one system" rather than a game system. Nobody is going to buy an Xbox One because you can watch movies and tv with a nifty menu and menu control.

And lastly...Really not liking the name (again, this is totally superficial and doesn't affect my rating).

I suspect they've got something up their sleeves for E3.

(To compare, I would have given Sony's a 7 or a 7.5)
---
White Knight for hire.
PM for rates. (No GFE)
#19ACx7Posted 5/21/2013 12:08:28 PM
Around a 7. I don't quite understand why people are saying it was bad. It was a console reveal. Not a games reveal. And they did a good job of showing off the new features that the system will have. IMHO it was better than Sony's focus on social networking.

They didn't show a lot of games. But that was to be expected. We'll see them at E3. I like all the new Kinect features and absolutely love the design. The biggest thing for me was the 15 exclusives coming in the first year. Specifically the 8 new ones; I can't wait until E3 where we'll hopefully get to see a few of them. Right now I am leaning towards the Xbox One over the PS4. But I wont know for sure until E3 rolls around.