Eurogamer reconfirms used game fees

#21ILikesCheesePosted 5/21/2013 2:58:55 PM
Some_Static posted...
Two of my friends run a local gamestore and for the moment, with the information they have, they're planning to have one shelf for new XB1 games, but they won't take trade-ins for software or hardware, and don't intend to carry console units post-launch. This is, of course, assuming that EuroGamer and Phil Harrison have it correct regarding the installation fees.

That is what is called "jumping the gun."

Little early for such business decisions at this point.
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#22NightRainPosted 5/21/2013 2:59:16 PM
IT'S CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously... stop it guys.
Obviously we have a very bad communication problem over there.
So i'd say WAIT...
---
To be a sage means only to be rich in knowledge.
Canadiens/Red Sox/Patriots
#23LoschenPosted 5/21/2013 3:00:24 PM
From your own link TC:

"Update 3: Xbox Support's Twitter has announced that there won't be a fee to share games with friends."
---
#24Some_StaticPosted 5/21/2013 3:00:29 PM
ILikesCheese posted...
Some_Static posted...
Two of my friends run a local gamestore and for the moment, with the information they have, they're planning to have one shelf for new XB1 games, but they won't take trade-ins for software or hardware, and don't intend to carry console units post-launch. This is, of course, assuming that EuroGamer and Phil Harrison have it correct regarding the installation fees.

That is what is called "jumping the gun."

Little early for such business decisions at this point.

Did you skip over the part where all this is tentative, with the information they have AT THIS TIME?
---
It's not a JRPG until you kill a god. http://somestatic.tumblr.com
Don't mess with Mrs. Chu; she'll put you in the soup.
#25AteasPosted 5/21/2013 3:01:05 PM
Lerdothought posted...
SalsaSavant posted...
...Harrison also confirmed that several users sharing a console can access the same game at no additional charge...

see, microsoft is not so bad after all

When I was a kid, my sister and I had to share my Super Nintendo. We could also share the same games at "no additional charge." Saying they "aren't so bad" because they're implementing a feature that's been expected of consoles since the beginning of gaming is reaching really far for a positive.

Unless you're being sarcastic, then meh.
#26MarblesbunbunPosted 5/21/2013 3:10:41 PM
I find this whole thing suspicious

Last week EA Announces "No more Online Passes"
This week not only the XBO is announced, but the first HUGE announcement on stage is EA partnership with Microsoft (I didn't hear what the partnership involved however)

Now it's followed by a Fee to play used games on your console... seems like the natural evolution/next stage of online passes.

"Well, we can't get them to pay for online anymore.. let's make them pay for even playing the game!"

Sounds a bit suspicious to me, specially with Phil Harrison trying to damage control and deny every interview where he said it was a real thing.
---
The patience it takes to play FFXI and EQ is the patience it takes to kill yourself by bashing your head into a wall.