Has there ever been a console company so out of touch with their fanbase?

#11maiden1993Posted 5/21/2013 5:18:05 PM
sonicsonic posted...
Newbie00 posted...
Nintendo is not only out of touch with their fanbase, but with reality - period.

You spelt Microsoft wrong.

Zing.

...You don't get to Zing yourself.
#12MileRunPosted 5/21/2013 5:24:01 PM
Newbie00 posted...
Nintendo is not only out of touch with their fanbase, but with reality - period.

Nintendo is definitely out of touch with reality (using hilariously out-of-date hardware for the Wii U; bizarrely restrictive online; thinking that rerouting monetization from LPers wasn't a horrible PR move, regardless of IP issues and whatnot) , but it's actually pretty on-point when it comes to pleasing its fanbase. The fact that the Wii U has sold any units at all based entirely on promises that good games will come out at some point is proof of that.
---
I claim to be the official Porygon2 of the Pokemon Black 2 board.
Scientist MileRun: WaRy associate
#13rupok93Posted 5/21/2013 5:26:24 PM(edited)
MileRun posted...
Newbie00 posted...

Nintendo is definitely out of touch with reality (using hilariously out-of-date hardware for the Wii U; bizarrely restrictive online; thinking that rerouting monetization from LPers wasn't a horrible PR move, regardless of IP issues and whatnot) , but it's actually pretty on-point when it comes to pleasing its fanbase. The fact that the Wii U has sold any units at all based entirely on promises that good games will come out at some point is proof of that.

Hardware doesn't sell the console (as evidenced by the VIta), once stuff like super smash bros comes out (announcing at nintendo direct before E3) people will flock to the Wii U
#14MileRunPosted 5/21/2013 5:38:59 PM
rupok93 posted...
MileRun posted...
Newbie00 posted...

Hardware doesn't sell the console (as evidenced by the VIta), once stuff like super smash bros comes out (announcing at nintendo direct before E3) people will flock to the Wii U

I don't disagree; half the stuff I play is retro, so lower tech doesn't really bother me too much. It does bother other developers, though, if the recent EA (lol) twitter outburst is any indication, and third-party support is sort of the lifeblood of a console.
---
I claim to be the official Porygon2 of the Pokemon Black 2 board.
Scientist MileRun: WaRy associate
#15aya469Posted 5/21/2013 5:45:01 PM
Yeah, Sony at the end of the PS2. Look how well that turned out for them this gen? From curb stomping your rivals sales by almost 7X the amount to trailing the 360 by a little less than a million.
---
I write about games and stuff. Check it out if you want. thisispixelplanet.tumblr.com
http://www.examiner.com/gamer-in-phoenix/michael-mckenzie
#16CaIiber345Posted 5/21/2013 5:46:45 PM
Have you ever noticed that actual gamers get into the development and software side of the industry? Every time MS holds a conference or reveal, some middle-aged, stuffed shirt PR muppet is trying to sell me something that's "Simple, instant, and connected."

Um, yeah, thanks, but I just want games and a console that focuses on games. And I wasn't born fifteen years ago, so I don't need my games and TV and Internet all in one device, and I don't care if they instantly switch back and forth with voice commands. Yes, technology is allowing this, and to some degree that's cool. But the problem is now that there's two markets: the mass consumer and the core gamer. Today was all about the mass consumer. Us core gamers have to wait until E3 to see if MS is still even somewhat serious about gaming.

It's probably just me. I'm getting old.
---
I run, therefore I am.
Hail HYDRA!
#17NotQuiteAFreakPosted 5/21/2013 5:47:00 PM
maiden1993 posted...
sonicsonic posted...
Newbie00 posted...

Zing.

Zing.
---
Not changing sig till we get a sequel to Freedom Fighters.
Started 13/4/2010
#18Garfield64(Topic Creator)Posted 5/21/2013 7:13:52 PM
NotQuiteAFreak posted...
maiden1993 posted...
sonicsonic posted...
Newbie00 posted...

Zing.

Zing.

Zing
---
WARNING: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
Is a very well known Troll, please do not fall for their shenanigans!