Microsoft backpedaling

#1Dark Young LinkPosted 5/21/2013 8:10:03 PM
http://www.polygon.com/2013/5/21/4353538/xbox-one-perform-recurring-online-checks-even-for-offline-play
---
Nominate N for The Great GameFAQs Character Battle IX!
Sleep? F*** sleep, Toonami is on!!- GenesisSaga
#2GarudinPosted 5/21/2013 8:12:59 PM
"Microsoft said earlier today that Xbox One would not require an always on internet connection. The statement is echoed on Microsoft's Q&A page, which says that the Xbox One does require a connection, but does not always have to be connected."

Love that line
---
Crowd: Free Tibet, Free Tibet
Peter: I'll take it, hey China I have something you want but it'll cost ya...That's right all the tea GT: Garudin
#3DeadCeII16Posted 5/21/2013 8:13:43 PM
How am I going to play it in Afghanistan :(

MEH, I didn't need it anyway! :D
---
Legends live forever.
Kinect revolutionized the industry and Halo 4 = BEST game ever.
#4FirenzeyPosted 5/21/2013 8:14:07 PM
obvious lie is......obvious
---
"A 1v1 with jesus would suck............every time you killed him you'd have to wait three days for his respawn"
#5skyilaiPosted 5/21/2013 8:14:31 PM
Ha ha ha. They're falling all over themselves now in self-inflicted confusion.
---
I just like games and figured this would be a good place to discuss.
#63PiesAndAForkPosted 5/21/2013 8:14:40 PM
DeadCeII16 posted...
How am I going to play it in Afghanistan :(

MEH, I didn't need it anyway! :D

Easy. You buy a PS4 and play hook that up.
---
"I could care less" means you care right now.
The proper phrase is "I couldn't care less."
#7MasterChief14Posted 5/21/2013 8:14:53 PM
I saw some guy whose gamefaqs account had a signature alone the lines (complete paraphrasing): "Microsoft's Xbox One won't require a constant internet connection" or something and I thought if only he had forgotten to put in the constant I could call him out on the issue...
---
What you guys dont understand about the Catalyst kid is that he has to kill us. If he doesnt then we'll die. -Toast51
#8DarkFistsPosted 5/21/2013 8:22:02 PM
skyilai posted...
Ha ha ha. They're falling all over themselves now in self-inflicted confusion.

This...it's kinda sad.
---
PSN=Gelthidor
#9favcitadelstorePosted 5/21/2013 8:22:25 PM
"We are also designing it so you can play games and watch Blu-ray movies and live TV if you lose your connection."

but i can do that already anyways...without using an xboxone
---
MageGuyInfinity posted...
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive
#10patrick005Posted 5/21/2013 8:32:13 PM
Harrison told the publication that users would need to connect to the internet every day. Microsoft could not confirm these details.

"There have been reports of a specific time period those were discussions of potential scenarios, but we have not confirmed any details today, nor will we be," Microsoft said.

This is just stupid. I don't think Phil Harrison even knows what he is talking about. I can already guess his rationale for these idiotic statements. It's probably more along this line... "Well you CAN play your Xbox One without the internet, but if you REALLY want to play the TRUE power of the Xbox One and ALL it's features, then you should be connected to the internet." Which would sound exactly like how the Xbox 360 is right now.

Gotta hand it to Microsoft. The way they fight rumors is by creating even more rumors.
---
Opinions can be changed. Beliefs however, not so much.
- http://albert5.com