Xbox One is absolutely NOT future proof.

#1muffinmasherPosted 5/21/2013 8:50:10 PM
Due to having to connect your games once every 24 hours to register your games with their servers, this means that a loooong time from now, down the road, they'll shut down the servers and you can no longer play your games, effectively leaving you with an expensive TV remote.
---
Black 2 FC: 3654 8353 8201
"Barkley: Shut up and jam! Gaiden" Is the best RPG of all time.
#2blablablax17Posted 5/21/2013 8:51:24 PM
Exactly.

All Xbox One games will be useless disks 20 years from now.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#3muffinmasher(Topic Creator)Posted 5/21/2013 8:51:30 PM
Fastest board on the planet.
---
Black 2 FC: 3654 8353 8201
"Barkley: Shut up and jam! Gaiden" Is the best RPG of all time.
#4Mewtwo_soulPosted 5/21/2013 8:51:36 PM
Amen.

That's one problem I have, I'm not the type to trade in my consoles. And would like something to look forward to one day when I retire (playing though all of them)
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#5NE_PatriotsFanPosted 5/21/2013 8:52:44 PM
That will be a problem. Obviously you wont be able to play online anymore after servers get shut down, but not being able to play the game in general anymore? Terrible.
---
Xbox: Has 99 Problems and the name is One
One step forward, 360 steps back
#6mooninomicsPosted 5/21/2013 8:52:47 PM
Watch cable providers switch their cable boxes to be incompatible with the Xbox One in the next two years or so.

Just to **** with 'em.
---
Are you suggesting that moon should get off his ass and write some stories? He's like the Stephen King of gamefaqs. - Sorbz
#7spooiePosted 5/21/2013 8:53:19 PM
You're basically buying a licensed code for DLC on a coaster. You don't own anything, you simply license it for the time in which the system is in service. When the service dies, you're screwed.

Sega Channel was a great idea in the mid-90s. But I feel bad for that one kid who bought a Genesis only to ever play Sega Channel, because he would have wound up with nothing in the end.
---
Owner of The NES, SNES, N64, GCN, Wii, SMS, GEN, TG16, PSX, PS2, PS3, XBOX, 360, GB, GBC, GBA SP, GB Micro, DS, DSLite, PSP and a lot of crappy games. --BLINGO!
#8chareyPosted 5/21/2013 9:11:51 PM
spooie posted...
You're basically buying a licensed code for DLC on a coaster. You don't own anything, you simply license it for the time in which the system is in service. When the service dies, you're screwed.

Sega Channel was a great idea in the mid-90s. But I feel bad for that one kid who bought a Genesis only to ever play Sega Channel, because he would have wound up with nothing in the end.
That was me, The Sega Channel was awesome, every month the set of games would rotate so I never got board although I think at the end I only had like 4 games, one of which came with the system.

The X1 isn't even in the same league as the sega channel.
---
I won't have it! I'm not having anyone talk about me in
the past tense! ~Squall Leonhart
#9sdchiPosted 5/21/2013 9:12:44 PM
There's no such thing as future proof anyway.