dont want drm, forced cd download, or needing to go online for sync every24hr?

#11h12456208Posted 5/22/2013 9:10:02 AM
I honestly havent seen a backlash like this about a systems announcement. As a gamer I was very upset yesterday. And they did they not announce this DRM at the vent and only afterwards when they knew IGN, Kotaku, and so on would put it out there and everyone would know anyway.

I thought the PS3 outcry was bad with the $600 price point, or the Atari Jaguar (I think that was the system may be wrong) when that was what $800), the RROD, and a few others. But this one is bad as this one hurts gamers long term. a High price point is just that, high, people bought it, some waited to drop but it was a 1 time payment. But this would keep affecting the gamers even after buying.

Here is a case that happens ALOT. 2 weeks ago I saw some advertisements about Metro Last light, read about it, and was interested. Wasnt aware there was a Metro 2033 game. I have heard of just about every 360 game but this one slipped my radar. So I looked and the game is our of print, so I went to search for a used one and my Gamestop had one (same price as ebay or Amazon used), so I bought it. If it was an Xbox one Id have to pay $30 extra as that is the MSRP on Xbox live for the game.

With Xbox one you even have to be afraid to buy "NEW" on ebay as there are ALOT of shady people that are VERY SLICK and can open the plastic, play the game, and reseal the same plastic to make it look like it was never used. I know a few people that do this, VERY SHADY.
---
"The blackest eyes. The Devil's Eyes"
- Dr. Loomis - HalloweeN
#12ruthless7667Posted 5/22/2013 9:10:20 AM
Ch3wy posted...
ruthless7667 posted...
Tell that to the established community who've been playing since the first Xbox. Tell them to abandon their favorite game franchises and series. So easy, isn't it?

Yeah it should be easy. They're pretty much just milking the established franchises dry at this point.

So? You're missing the point, I think. This isn't about milking products. It's not about how you feel about certain games. I have a 360 for its exclusives. Forza to name one. But I assume you think that series has been milked to death despite its biannual releases. Sports games have been made yearly. While not exclusive to any console, it should cease production as it's been overdone, right? Maybe you think so, since assumedly you don't care at all for them.
---
Victory is life. There comes a point when the odds are against you and the only reasonable course of action is to quit.
#13ruthless7667Posted 5/22/2013 9:12:18 AM
kidwgm posted...
ruthless7667 posted...
Tell that to the established community who've been playing since the first Xbox. Tell them to abandon their favorite game franchises and series. So easy, isn't it?

Don't buy it if you don't like it. There that was really easy.

I won't even contest with you, given a reply like that. I'm above that.
You're not worth debating with. And that's all you'll get out of me.
---
Victory is life. There comes a point when the odds are against you and the only reasonable course of action is to quit.
#14kidwgmPosted 5/22/2013 9:15:50 AM
ruthless7667 posted...
kidwgm posted...
ruthless7667 posted...

Why? Because I brought the point to its simplest point. You and I are consumers. If we don't like product X then we can exercise our right not to buy it. Does that mean we will miss out on certain things of course it does. But you or I are in no position to demand a company how to run their business. If MS wants to run their console into the ground they have that right.
---
GT: Kid Whimsical 3DS FC: 4811-7436-8881
#15darkhare(Topic Creator)Posted 5/22/2013 9:18:45 AM
kidwgm posted...
ruthless7667 posted...
kidwgm posted...
ruthless7667 posted...

Why? Because I brought the point to its simplest point. You and I are consumers. If we don't like product X then we can exercise our right not to buy it. Does that mean we will miss out on certain things of course it does. But you or I are in no position to demand a company how to run their business. If MS wants to run their console into the ground they have that right.

gamers today seem to have the mentality that they are being forced by the ms and sony to buy their console as if they have a gun pointed at the back of their head, so the whole idea of saying "dont buy the console if you dont like their tactics" is completely rediculous to him, because hes going to buy it, he likes being bent over.

#16JumalaccaPosted 5/22/2013 9:19:35 AM
"This doesn't affect me, therefore everyone should shut up and deal with it."
---
http://youtu.be/kenbLJ7Q1yQ - Skyrim Shuffling Parody
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADiZws7ncoA - Thrillerborn Dance Vid
#17Ch3wyPosted 5/22/2013 9:22:46 AM
ruthless7667 posted...
Ch3wy posted...
ruthless7667 posted...

Yeah it should be easy. They're pretty much just milking the established franchises dry at this point.

So? You're missing the point, I think. This isn't about milking products. It's not about how you feel about certain games. I have a 360 for its exclusives. Forza to name one. But I assume you think that series has been milked to death despite its biannual releases. Sports games have been made yearly. While not exclusive to any console, it should cease production as it's been overdone, right? Maybe you think so, since assumedly you don't care at all for them.

Actually I like Forza. Probably had more hours in that series than any this gen. If I'm getting a an Xbone it's one of the main reasons.

None of their other exclusives so far seem worthy of sticking around for.
#18ruthless7667Posted 5/22/2013 9:37:58 AM(edited)
Ch3wy posted...
ruthless7667 posted...
Ch3wy posted...
ruthless7667 posted...

Actually I like Forza. Probably had more hours in that series than any this gen. If I'm getting a an Xbone it's one of the main reasons.

Well, I'm glad we agree on that, at least with Forza. The thing that irritates me is the "don't like it, don't buy it" routine. I understand no one is forcing anyone to buy their product but it's not easy to just drop some of our favorite series' of games. It's unfortunate too because I picked up FM4 last year and much prefer it over the crap that Gran Turismo is turning into. Now instead of going with FM5 I may have to stick with GT6, which looks like GT5.5 or wait for GT7 on PS4. Only God knows how that'll turn out.
---
#19kidwgmPosted 5/22/2013 10:04:38 AM
ruthless7667 posted...
Ch3wy posted...
ruthless7667 posted...
Ch3wy posted...
ruthless7667 posted...

Well, I'm glad we agree on that, at least with Forza. The thing that irritates me is the "don't like it, don't buy it" routine. I understand no one is forcing anyone to buy their product but it's not easy to just drop some of our favorite series' of games. It's unfortunate too because I picked up FM4 last year and much prefer it over the crap that Gran Turismo is turning into. Now instead of going with FM5 I may have to stick with GT6, which looks like GT5.5 or wait for GT7 on PS4. Only God knows how that'll turn out.

Its not easy? Please. These are games. We have all invested lots of time and energy to them. But in the end they are just games. I don't understand why people feel that a company should cater to every user of their product. That is simply not possible. Again if you don't like it don't buy and understand that yes you will be missing out on something if you choose that route. But that is life. We don't get everything we want or how we want it.
---
GT: Kid Whimsical 3DS FC: 4811-7436-8881
#20evillockePosted 5/22/2013 10:05:02 AM
Cryptics posted...
Or buy a PS4/Wii U/PC

---
http://i.imgur.com/1ReVuTi.png
http://i.imgur.com/lEQS3CA.png