Even if you dont care about tv, those features will take 3 out of 8 gigs of ram

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Even if you dont care about tv, those features will take 3 out of 8 gigs of ram
2 years ago#11
Lightthrower posted...
Parisinflames78 posted...
5 GB is enough ram for a game on a console. People dont understand how console hardware works. you cant compare a pc with 8 gigs of ram to a console with the same amount of ram.

But 7 at GDDR5 is better than 5 at DDR3.... see where I'm aiming?

oh 7 is good dont get me wrong and will probably be a little better in performance but the One will not be hurt by 5 GB of ram.
2 years ago#12
Lightthrower posted...
5 GB is enough ram for a game on a console. People dont understand how console hardware works. you cant compare a pc with 8 gigs of ram to a console with the same amount of ram.

oh 7 is good dont get me wrong and will probably be a little better in performance but the One will not be hurt by 5 GB of ram.

But coupled with the fact that the GPU in PS4 is also more powerful than the one found in Xbox One (50% more raw power) paints the next Xbox to be quite crippled next to its primary competitor.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-spec-analysis-xbox-one
2 years ago#13
That's fine, you can always just download moar sheep
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
2 years ago#14

Exactly. People, go look at Bioshock Inifnite. That game runs on 512MB of RAM. So even with only 5 gigs, that's still 10X more than a system that runs Bioshock Infinite.
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
2 years ago#15
bessy67 posted...

Exactly. People, go look at Bioshock Inifnite. That game runs on 512MB of RAM. So even with only 5 gigs, that's still 10X more than a system that runs Bioshock Infinite.

No one is saying that the system can't produce nice looking games. But come on, 3gigs dedicated to the bloody OS?!
2 years ago#16
Lightthrower posted...

lol, 7GB GDDR5 vs only 5GB DDR3 is only a "little" better performance? It clearly show you have no understanding of computer hardware.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Even if you dont care about tv, those features will take 3 out of 8 gigs of ram

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived