Even if you dont care about tv, those features will take 3 out of 8 gigs of ram

#11Parisinflames78Posted 5/22/2013 10:30:44 AM
Lightthrower posted...
Parisinflames78 posted...
5 GB is enough ram for a game on a console. People dont understand how console hardware works. you cant compare a pc with 8 gigs of ram to a console with the same amount of ram.

But 7 at GDDR5 is better than 5 at DDR3.... see where I'm aiming?

oh 7 is good dont get me wrong and will probably be a little better in performance but the One will not be hurt by 5 GB of ram.
#12Undead_YakuzaPosted 5/22/2013 10:39:23 AM
Lightthrower posted...
5 GB is enough ram for a game on a console. People dont understand how console hardware works. you cant compare a pc with 8 gigs of ram to a console with the same amount of ram.

oh 7 is good dont get me wrong and will probably be a little better in performance but the One will not be hurt by 5 GB of ram.

But coupled with the fact that the GPU in PS4 is also more powerful than the one found in Xbox One (50% more raw power) paints the next Xbox to be quite crippled next to its primary competitor.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-spec-analysis-xbox-one
#13darkshadowmasterPosted 5/22/2013 10:40:15 AM
That's fine, you can always just download moar sheep
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#14bessy67Posted 5/22/2013 10:42:34 AM

Exactly. People, go look at Bioshock Inifnite. That game runs on 512MB of RAM. So even with only 5 gigs, that's still 10X more than a system that runs Bioshock Infinite.
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#15Undead_YakuzaPosted 5/22/2013 10:46:51 AM
bessy67 posted...

Exactly. People, go look at Bioshock Inifnite. That game runs on 512MB of RAM. So even with only 5 gigs, that's still 10X more than a system that runs Bioshock Infinite.

No one is saying that the system can't produce nice looking games. But come on, 3gigs dedicated to the bloody OS?!
#16pigboyPosted 5/22/2013 10:56:50 AM
Lightthrower posted...

lol, 7GB GDDR5 vs only 5GB DDR3 is only a "little" better performance? It clearly show you have no understanding of computer hardware.