Serious Question

#1ghost140Posted 5/22/2013 9:37:05 AM
So its pretty much confirmed that if want to play a game NOT tied to your live account you will have to pay a fee. So if I lend or sell a game(not through their proposed trade/sell program) to a friend he will have to pay lets say $25 dollars to tie it to his live account.

Here is the question, is 100% of that fee going to the dev/publisher or at the very least 90%? Because I don't see how MS is entitled to any of that fee. This whole thing started because dev/pubs complained that used sales hurt their bottom line and if they are not getting most of that money then its simply MS turning into the new GS.
---
"This game is now pay 2 gay" - Obsessed117 on same-sex romance in The Old Republic
#2TAoRPosted 5/22/2013 9:37:51 AM
It's the entire price of the game and it likely goes to the dev.
#3TheAvianheartPosted 5/22/2013 9:39:20 AM
I'm not sure how the split works, but it's been confirmed that it's retail cost. So you're looking at closer to $60 than $25. I imagine that the split is the same as when you buy the game new.
#4Bikes-Posted 5/22/2013 9:39:54 AM
Microsoft will probably take their usual 30 or whatever % they take on new game sales.
#5SparkItUpPosted 5/22/2013 9:40:17 AM
TAoR posted...

Link to source?
---
http://youtu.be/Mke9EHMQMYI
Did you stand to close to the fire, like a liar looking for forgiveness from a stone...
#6ghost140(Topic Creator)Posted 5/22/2013 9:41:21 AM
TAoR posted...

I hope so as i don't believe MS is entitled any of that money.
---
"This game is now pay 2 gay" - Obsessed117 on same-sex romance in The Old Republic
#7rahmed51387Posted 5/22/2013 9:42:41 AM
TAoR posted...

Wow, that's wishful thinking to a dev.
---
PSN:LonelyDesperado
MissTFayed: rahmed51387 - You got the surfer accent. You are officially the smartest person on here.
#8TheAvianheartPosted 5/22/2013 9:44:43 AM
SparkItUp posted...
TAoR posted...

Link to source?

http://kotaku.com/you-will-be-able-to-trade-xbox-one-games-online-micros-509140825

In specific,

"But what if you want to bring a game disc to a friend's house and play there? You'll have to pay a fee—and not just some sort of activation fee, but the actual price of that game—in order to use a game's code on a friend's account. Think of it like a new game, Harrison said."

Note how the artical also states you can mircotransition to trade your games, which is a good idea...however right now we need more information on what actually happens to your old key to the game. Is it sold to other people? Or is it just deleted and you get a small amount of xbox live points in return?
#9ghost140(Topic Creator)Posted 5/22/2013 9:56:19 AM
TheAvianheart posted...
SparkItUp posted...
TAoR posted...

Link to source?

http://kotaku.com/you-will-be-able-to-trade-xbox-one-games-online-micros-509140825

In specific,

"But what if you want to bring a game disc to a friend's house and play there? You'll have to pay a fee—and not just some sort of activation fee, but the actual price of that game—in order to use a game's code on a friend's account. Think of it like a new game, Harrison said."

Note how the artical also states you can mircotransition to trade your games, which is a good idea...however right now we need more information on what actually happens to your old key to the game. Is it sold to other people? Or is it just deleted and you get a small amount of xbox live points in return?

Yet it doesn't not explicitly state that it all goes to the dev/pub only that your paying for the whole game as it we still shrink wrapped. As it stands right now MS has found a way to take even more money from consumers wallets. Maybe MS will clarify later but right now the head doesn't know what the ass is doing.
---