Does Anyone Actually Support This Stuff?

#1Gigant0pithecusPosted 5/22/2013 10:48:18 AM
Friends, friends of friends, other posters you've seen? I haven't seen anyone in favor of these practices; fees for used games, internet connection required once a day, etc.

If the PS4 truly lacks used game fees, daily internet sign-ins and will still have free online play, then the choice is clear.

I feel these shouldn't be the deciding factors when purchasing a console, however; "okay, which one of these will screw me less..." it should be mandatory that there are no extra fees for borrowing friends' games or buying used. It should be based on competing games (exclusives and performance), controller preference, console price, additional bonus features, etc.

While the T.V. and Kinect stuff is nice to have as icing, I suppose, the real focus needs to be on quality games, above all else. That's what gamers want more than anything. I know E3 is coming soon but I have my doubts that whatever Xbox One has to offer will somehow cancel out these negatives. The games would have to be mind-bogglingly amazing but even then, I'd probably just go with Playstation this coming gen on principle alone (even though I've preferred Xbox since the PS2 era, the direction Microsoft is headed looks pretty bad).

I kinda hope their intent has the opposite effect and instead of the used-game market dying, their console tanks. Not really because I prefer used games; I usually buy new. But more because these are some greedy-ass practices and clearly intended to milk more money out of people.

/end rant
#2Bikes-Posted 5/22/2013 10:49:34 AM
Some people apparently are, the only 3 people outside of gamefaqs that I talked to about it though hated the idea (including one person who pretty much only plays xbox for skate/cod [only system he plays])
#3Wise_HanagiPosted 5/22/2013 10:50:45 AM
Gigant0pithecus posted...
free online play

Wake me when M$ does this.
#4Azure_lKitePosted 5/22/2013 10:54:54 AM
Pretty much everyone I talked to about the Xbox One outside this site thinks it's absolutely ludicrous, and also that M$ handed the 8th gen for free to Sony. I think there was only one person who was interest out of 15 or so.

Still, reading some posts of people calling others poor here because they don't support the fees for used/borrowed games... It makes me question where humanity is going.
---
"It's a tradition unique to JRPG fanbases to discuss the virginity of characters." - SetsunaFSeiiei
BBCP HYYYYYPE
#5wombatkiddPosted 5/22/2013 10:57:30 AM
Azure_lKite posted...
Pretty much everyone I talked to about the Xbox One outside this site thinks it's absolutely ludicrous, and also that M$ handed the 8th gen for free to Sony. I think there was only one person who was interest out of 15 or so.

Still, reading some posts of people calling others poor here because they don't support the fees for used/borrowed games... It makes me question where humanity is going.

Yeah. People are totally willing to throw their own right to own things away just to spite "poor" people. There's something wrong. Something wrong with that.
---
---
"Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master."
#6SparkItUpPosted 5/22/2013 11:00:44 AM
What I find slightly amusing is, before anything was confirmed for Xbox One, I clearly remember the outrage that flooded the 360 boards about "always online"...yet i see some of those same people that condemned it then, praising it now...It's slightly amusing....Same thing with the restricted/blocked access...same people praising it now, were ready to burn EA to the ground for a measly $5 online pass. Another example is Kinect...Same people that were saying Microsoft needs to drop it, are the same people saying that it's the next coming of Jesus and the best technology

Don't get me wrong, I understand people change their minds, but to do a complete 180 on all fronts...

Kinda makes you shake your head really.
---
http://youtu.be/Mke9EHMQMYI
Did you stand to close to the fire, like a liar looking for forgiveness from a stone...