Why would they want to use the Xbox camera to spy on you?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Why would they want to use the Xbox camera to spy on you?
2 years ago#1
I'm sure they're shivering with excitement at the prospect of watching a dude, his dirty CoD shirt speckled with Cheetos dust while he lounges on a months worth of empty Mt. Dew and Redbull cans, play his favorite game for 4 or 5 hours.
---
Any man who's afraid of hiring the best ability he can find, is a cheat who's in a business where he doesn't belong.- Atlas Shrugged
2 years ago#2
Same reason why corporations always want to know more about your life: More ways to advertise.
---
Achilles Mark III Mechroid
Defender of Gemini
2 years ago#3
market research duh
2 years ago#4
Gastroid posted...
Same reason why corporations always want to know more about your life: More ways to advertise.

I would say that if they saw the situation that I just described, they'd simply mod their heads with approval.
---
Any man who's afraid of hiring the best ability he can find, is a cheat who's in a business where he doesn't belong.- Atlas Shrugged
2 years ago#5
They can also give the information to law enforcement, as per the user agreement. I don't particularly want the government to have the ability to spy on my private life simply because I don't agree with them or have certain values and beliefs that they can use to profile me.
2 years ago#6
The point is they can and you can't tell when they're watching.

The always on mic provides an easy ear into your home too.
---
hello earthlings, i am from another planet
http://www.youtube.com/XXtheJUMPoffXX
2 years ago#7
The actual patent is for their technology to detect if there are more than X people in front of the TV, then stop your game/movie/music/whatever playback and throw up a box demanding that you buy more licenses.

But hey, if you're cool getting butt****** by corporations, whatever floats your boat.
2 years ago#8
Gastroid posted...

ding, ding, ding
---
One-and-Donecos
2 years ago#9
I am not giving them any more personal data than necessary.
Those online cameras do not set foot inside my living room.
2 years ago#10
Uh oh. TC has an Ayn Rand quote. He must be anti-government, and is most likely a member of the Tea Party. DHS has already released a memo that says if you are in the tea party, you cold be a domestic terrorist. I guess we know whose Kinect the government is tapping first.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Why would they want to use the Xbox camera to spy on you?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived