Why would they want to use the Xbox camera to spy on you?

#1BobberdongPosted 5/22/2013 6:12:34 PM
I'm sure they're shivering with excitement at the prospect of watching a dude, his dirty CoD shirt speckled with Cheetos dust while he lounges on a months worth of empty Mt. Dew and Redbull cans, play his favorite game for 4 or 5 hours.
---
Any man who's afraid of hiring the best ability he can find, is a cheat who's in a business where he doesn't belong.- Atlas Shrugged
#2GastroidPosted 5/22/2013 6:13:34 PM
Same reason why corporations always want to know more about your life: More ways to advertise.
---
Achilles Mark III Mechroid
Defender of Gemini
#3RJones416Posted 5/22/2013 6:16:18 PM
market research duh
#4Bobberdong(Topic Creator)Posted 5/22/2013 6:18:15 PM
Gastroid posted...
Same reason why corporations always want to know more about your life: More ways to advertise.

I would say that if they saw the situation that I just described, they'd simply mod their heads with approval.
---
Any man who's afraid of hiring the best ability he can find, is a cheat who's in a business where he doesn't belong.- Atlas Shrugged
#5MlREFOXPosted 5/22/2013 6:19:54 PM
They can also give the information to law enforcement, as per the user agreement. I don't particularly want the government to have the ability to spy on my private life simply because I don't agree with them or have certain values and beliefs that they can use to profile me.
#6blazeUP12Posted 5/22/2013 6:20:06 PM
The point is they can and you can't tell when they're watching.

The always on mic provides an easy ear into your home too.
---
hello earthlings, i am from another planet
http://www.youtube.com/XXtheJUMPoffXX
#7KaiserWarriorPosted 5/22/2013 6:20:10 PM
The actual patent is for their technology to detect if there are more than X people in front of the TV, then stop your game/movie/music/whatever playback and throw up a box demanding that you buy more licenses.

But hey, if you're cool getting butt****** by corporations, whatever floats your boat.
#8scythecamPosted 5/22/2013 6:20:42 PM
Gastroid posted...

ding, ding, ding
---
One-and-Donecos
#9kyncaniPosted 5/22/2013 6:22:27 PM
I am not giving them any more personal data than necessary.
Those online cameras do not set foot inside my living room.
#10MlREFOXPosted 5/22/2013 6:22:38 PM
Uh oh. TC has an Ayn Rand quote. He must be anti-government, and is most likely a member of the Tea Party. DHS has already released a memo that says if you are in the tea party, you cold be a domestic terrorist. I guess we know whose Kinect the government is tapping first.