Why would they want to use the Xbox camera to spy on you?

#21RPGNinja123Posted 5/22/2013 10:57:28 PM
MlREFOX posted...
Uh oh. TC has an Ayn Rand quote. He must be anti-government, and is most likely a member of the Tea Party. DHS has already released a memo that says if you are in the tea party, you cold be a domestic terrorist. I guess we know whose Kinect the government is tapping first.

I wouldn't be so sarcastic if I were you. In case you have not noticed there is a huge scandal involving the IRS specifically targeting conservatives simply because Obama felt threatened and didn't agree with them. That is illegal and against the law. Anything can happen.
---
It's a beautiful time to be a 3DS owner.
3DS Friend Code = 0232-8140-1787 (send a PM if you add me)
#22SilentS89Posted 5/22/2013 11:00:16 PM
Why would anyone spy on anyone else?

To sell that information to others perhaps?

Say, other corporations, or the government, or even wealthy perverts.

But lets play naive for a second and assume Microsoft never does anything questionable whatsoever with the Kinect Spy Eye.

Who is dumb enough to believe that the Xbox One will never be hacked...
---
Xbox: Has 99 Problems and the name is One
#23Chunker_ButtPosted 5/22/2013 11:06:24 PM
Because there's huge money in it from a marketing perspective and MS (and money other companies) are already doing it.

This new MS is a masterpiece of marketing strategy from MS. They're banking on consumers being gullible enough to invite MS right into their living room. And what's more, MS will get paid for it! And consumers who do this then get to jump through MS's hoops for as long as MS deem fit...until they decide to shut down the Xbox One servers and all the consumer's who invested in it lose everything of course.

But maybe those consumers won't care that they've lost everything. They'll be too busy bending over getting ready for MS's next big 9th gen cash-cow to torpedo right up their butts.
---
"No one should take themselves so seriously" - Blink 182
"No matter where I roam, every single soul is a poem" - MF
#24MlREFOXPosted 5/23/2013 5:35:10 AM
RPGNinja123 posted...
MlREFOX posted...
Uh oh. TC has an Ayn Rand quote. He must be anti-government, and is most likely a member of the Tea Party. DHS has already released a memo that says if you are in the tea party, you cold be a domestic terrorist. I guess we know whose Kinect the government is tapping first.

I wouldn't be so sarcastic if I were you. In case you have not noticed there is a huge scandal involving the IRS specifically targeting conservatives simply because Obama felt threatened and didn't agree with them. That is illegal and against the law. Anything can happen.

I'm not being sarcastic.
#25DrkVrtxPosted 5/23/2013 5:44:04 AM
That_Guy247 posted...
Oak_Tea posted...
There's going to be a long, long Terms of Service to sign up for xbox one's Live service...and nobody will know what rights they're giving up when they click "I Agree".

This
#26pheran94Posted 5/23/2013 5:50:43 AM
Waffle man posted...
I put this in a separate thread relating to the same issue, but I feel it warrants re-posting. For one, it would be nice to see if I have my information correct regarding this issue, and for two, it adds to the discussion...

IANAL, but if I understand my state law correctly (with 15 minutes of searching, apparently making me believe I'm an expert on the matter), it is illegal in WA state to record a private conversation (such as one you'd have in your own home?) without express consent of ALL the parties involved.

I'm not sure how the law is concerned regarding whatever agreement you have to sign when you boot up the console, but any time you invite a guest into your own home, it would make recording them illegal, regardless of whether the information was transmitted anywhere or not...

Could this not open Microsoft to lawsuits (at least on the state level?) by implementing this?

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=9.73.030

YAY! Somebody that lives in WA state doing my **** for me! lol. Anyway thanks for the post, I'm gonna read and see what conclusion I draw from it.
---
Think of how stupid the average person is, then realize that half of them are even stupider than that- George Carlin
#27PigfartsPosted 5/23/2013 5:52:23 AM
If you seen pics of me, you would know exaclty why they spy on me. Think kate upton, but with patrick stewarts face, and a semi fat guys body. I know, you're turned on.
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.
#28Bobberdong(Topic Creator)Posted 5/23/2013 10:56:15 AM
MlREFOX posted...
RPGNinja123 posted...
MlREFOX posted...

I'm not being sarcastic.

Maybe not, but you were incorrect in your assumptions.
---
Any man who's afraid of hiring the best ability he can find, is a cheat who's in a business where he doesn't belong.- Atlas Shrugged