At this point, is there ANY reason not to get a PC instead?

#51Pixx0Posted 5/23/2013 3:08:02 AM
Nemerlight posted...
GameGrumps posted...
Decepticon89 posted...
a lot of people don't have the time or money to keep up with an maintain a state of the art gaming PC. A guy could play a game on his computer from 2010 and in 2013 his computer will be able to play a game from 2013 but possibly not at optimal settings.

Game consoles erase that. A 360 bought on day one, assuming it didn't red ring, can play a game that comes out in june of this year.

Computers from 2010 should have no problem maxing out 2013 games...

I bought my PC in 2010 and i cant even run new Bioshock.

blame yourself for your terrible choice for the PC, because my 2008 gaming PC can (with a 2010 graphic card upgrade) , highest settings.

*cough*
#52Pixx0Posted 5/23/2013 3:12:53 AM
SirisS-G-P posted...
Yea there are plenty of reasons not to get a PC, I'll list a few.
-You prefer 720p 30FPS instead of 1080p 60FPS
-You enjoy spending more money for games which are inferior to their PC port.
-You love the fact that if the console breaks, you can't fix it yourself and have to wait to mail it in.
-You don't like cheap games. I paid $1.00 for both Alan Wake games today.
-You enjoy a smaller library of games, like ps3's 767 total games.
-You don't like Mods no matter how useful they are, like Skyrim's "no loading for cities mod" Which completely takes out loading for entering cities like White Run.
-You like to buy proprietary hardware, like Microsoft's HDD.
-You enjoy the many updates and installs you have to do before you start the game or sign in.
-and many more.

can I hug you for bringing a bit of light on those ignorant souls?
#53GameGrumpsPosted 5/23/2013 3:38:33 AM
Nemerlight posted...
GameGrumps posted...
Decepticon89 posted...
a lot of people don't have the time or money to keep up with an maintain a state of the art gaming PC. A guy could play a game on his computer from 2010 and in 2013 his computer will be able to play a game from 2013 but possibly not at optimal settings.

Game consoles erase that. A 360 bought on day one, assuming it didn't red ring, can play a game that comes out in june of this year.

You built a pretty poopy pc then, man.
---
Hey I'm Grump!
And I'm not so grump!
#54_The_Lunch_Box_Posted 5/23/2013 4:01:26 AM
Ya know... back in the 90s consoles where reliable. Since the PS Deuce and Xbox consoles have been breaking down more and it is common place to see a game glitch or freeze on a console. I have gone through 3 PC's I built specifically for gaming since 1999. That being said I found systems like the Gamecube and PS2 where worth owning way back when. Today, however, I am not buying a Wii U or Xbox watdufuqever or PS4. I will wait till the libraries are worth it and the systems are cheap. They are cheaply made anyways.

Reasons to own a console:
1. You are a casual player with little to no money who plays games maybe an hour a day
2. Ease of setup... though I am convinced a orangutang could build a PC.
3. Exclusives
4. Not that any of you would consider this because you never left your parents basement but a PC with let's say a 600 watt power supply in comparison to a 240 watt PS3 slim power supply takes a lot more electricity run and you will see an increase your electrical bill... not a huge jump but a jump none the less.
---
"Call of Bioshock: Infinitely Scripted" - Popelmaster
#55NemerlightPosted 5/23/2013 4:17:24 AM
Pixx0 posted...
Nemerlight posted...
GameGrumps posted...
Decepticon89 posted...

blame yourself for your terrible choice for the PC, because my 2008 gaming PC can (with a 2010 graphic card upgrade) , highest settings.

*cough*

No way im investing more into system that gets broken ports or doesnt even get games at all like Red Read Redemption and GTA 5 that will probably come out on PC in 2050.
---
Chivarly: Medieval Warfare is the best PC game of 2012.
#56Pixx0Posted 5/23/2013 4:30:01 AM(edited)
That's why some of us have a gaming PC AND consoles, genius...

what's your next excuse to justify your narrow-minded view on the matter, as well as your lack of competence (or rather, the will to gain any) about PCs.

As for broken ports, that's indeed a good one seeing as how a same game can look and play differently , depending on which console it runs.

Try again, but harder this time.

btw: "I bought my PC in 2010 and i cant even run new Bioshock."

posting something like that sure is a hint; thanks for the laugh
#57Daz_QSPosted 5/23/2013 4:32:30 AM
SirisS-G-P posted...
Yea there are plenty of reasons not to get a PC, I'll list a few.
-You prefer 720p 30FPS instead of 1080p 60FPS
-You enjoy spending more money for games which are inferior to their PC port.
-You love the fact that if the console breaks, you can't fix it yourself and have to wait to mail it in.
-You don't like cheap games. I paid $1.00 for both Alan Wake games today.
-You enjoy a smaller library of games, like ps3's 767 total games.
-You don't like Mods no matter how useful they are, like Skyrim's "no loading for cities mod" Which completely takes out loading for entering cities like White Run.
-You like to buy proprietary hardware, like Microsoft's HDD.
-You enjoy the many updates and installs you have to do before you start the game or sign in.
-and many more.

This.
---
My Skyrim characters: http://i.imgur.com/r8RjUqU.jpg - http://i.imgur.com/OCAh2yq.jpg