The one thing that may be good news, cheap key stores

#1zorlaczeroheroPosted 5/22/2013 11:45:09 PM
As any PC gamer knows it's often a lot cheaper to buy a key from say Russia than Australia. As it appears the XBO will be a key based system, tied to your live account this could actually be good news for games that don't have a regional restriction. And even when they do you can have huge differences in price from one territory to another.

Just depends whether you can download a full game with a key from a boxed copy or do you need the disc? Many PC game key stores buy in bulk, then throw the box in the bin and sell the key. If this is possible it's a small glimmer of hope for the XBO.

Still not buying one mind, until they get rid of always on video surveillance I have no interest.
---
19. And so did Elvis have his road crew set up a mighty speaker system outside the walls. And thusly did he pump up the volume.
-The Suburban Book of the Dead
#2RyuVegasPosted 5/22/2013 11:53:11 PM(edited)
That's assuming you think Microsoft is ALSO loosening up on their Regional Restrictions. I seriously doubt it. If even Nintendo Region Locked both their WiiU and 3DS then you can sure as hell bet Microsoft is region-locking this device.
---
http://backloggery.com/ryuvega NP: Portal 2, 3DS Games
'I've seen Ryu on the MtG board so he's already cooler than most of you.' ~ XImperialDragon
#3zorlaczerohero(Topic Creator)Posted 5/23/2013 3:25:21 AM
RyuVegas posted...
That's assuming you think Microsoft is ALSO loosening up on their Regional Restrictions. I seriously doubt it. If even Nintendo Region Locked both their WiiU and 3DS then you can sure as hell bet Microsoft is region-locking this device.

They've already said they will most probably leave it up to the developers. I'm hopeful Sony will continue to keep everything region free and this may give MS developers cause to do the same.
---
19. And so did Elvis have his road crew set up a mighty speaker system outside the walls. And thusly did he pump up the volume.
-The Suburban Book of the Dead