Will both consoles be identical in power?

#1YeomanlyPosted 5/23/2013 1:08:31 AM
Given what we know so far about both systems, how does either out perform the other, E3 will show us a glimpse but early games will be not pushing the systems at first.

Memory has been used as the big decider in many posts, 8GB ddr5 vs 8.32GB ddr3.

How bloated the operating systems will be could be the real decider, I like Microsofts use of a dedicated OS, although Sony said something about developers having a choice of turning the OS (Features) off altogether.

My opinion is they will both be equal and will be exactly where we are today, Sony may release some really good looking games in the future that cannot be done on Xbox One although at the cost of no OS (Features).

We need to see a lot more from Sony too many mini glimpses and not enough substance.
#2DarkSymbiotePosted 5/23/2013 1:10:02 AM
DDR3 vs. DDR5 is not important. The games will look similar but I believe the Sony exclusives will look the best.
---
Liquor is powerful. But Soda is solid.
#3HoosierGuy88Posted 5/23/2013 1:11:26 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/xbox-one-vs-playstation-4-ps4-wins-specs-151527778.html
#4Johnny_NutcasePosted 5/23/2013 1:11:58 AM
Graphically, they'll probably be similar like today. I just don't like the direction Microsoft is going with their console. More directed at casual gamers and that's not what I am looking for. Even if they show some amazing stuff at E3, it's going to take a lot to get me to buy into it.
#5AceviperPosted 5/23/2013 1:12:07 AM
PS4 is stronger
---
If gameshark wasn't invented... games wont be as popular anymore
-Someone
#6knightimexPosted 5/23/2013 1:16:12 AM
PS4 50% stronger
---
Old School Style Games FTW!
XBL, PSN, NNID: KnightimeX
#7Yeomanly(Topic Creator)Posted 5/23/2013 1:17:05 AM
HoosierGuy88 posted...
http://news.yahoo.com/xbox-one-vs-playstation-4-ps4-wins-specs-151527778.html

I have read loads and loads of thes over the past few days and non of them look at the full picture, both OS's will require use of the memory, Xbox One will run OS alongside games, PS4 runs OS in the background.

If the PS4 is running a game at 100% CPU/Memory usage then there is no way that side panel can pop up and talk to friends in real time video, while DVR records/plays videos all at the same time.
#8Bellum_SacrumPosted 5/23/2013 1:27:12 AM
Yeomanly posted...
Xbox One will run OS alongside games, PS4 runs OS in the background.

You do realize that's the same thing right? There is no way to run an OS differently, even the Wii's unconventional "modular" OS runs that way.

The real issue is Microsoft's statement regarding three separate OSs. Of course, they didn't go in depth because apparently TV is more important.
---
"Now go ahead and leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game companies who don't know or care about you."
#9Big_IsaacPosted 5/23/2013 1:28:50 AM
from what we've seen, it seems like last gen's status quo will remain the same. as in, Sony > MS > Nintendo in terms of graphics
---
Waiting for golden Sun 3DS
2 things are infinite: The Universe and human stupidity. I'm not sure about the Universe, though -Albert Einstein
#10Yeomanly(Topic Creator)Posted 5/23/2013 1:40:42 AM
Bellum_Sacrum posted...
Yeomanly posted...
Xbox One will run OS alongside games, PS4 runs OS in the background.

You do realize that's the same thing right? There is no way to run an OS differently, even the Wii's unconventional "modular" OS runs that way.

The real issue is Microsoft's statement regarding three separate OSs. Of course, they didn't go in depth because apparently TV is more important.

Aye my bad I worded that very wrong, the Xbox One has 2 Operating systems, a Xbox OS and a Windows Kernal both operate independently and allow instant swapping as we saw and multitasking.

Will this allow more resources for gaming than the PS4 unless they disable OS (Features)?