"graphics aren't as big a leap" "Sony had a better conference" "disappointing"

#1The_Dark_Slay3rPosted 5/23/2013 3:33:36 AM
"The full unveiling of Xbox 360 was on everyone's mind. When the smoke cleared, the audience seemed to all have the same reaction. "Huh. So that's that."

"There is still hope. The original Xbox had a somewhat laughable first showing. Halo did not look very good at E3 2001. You know what, the Xbox turned out pretty damn good. There is hope, I promise you."

Overall, the atmosphere during the conference is a stark contrast to that of the Sony conference, which was much more professional and, well... felt like a stockholder's meeting. By comparison, the MS conference was too laid-back, and while I applaud them for trying to make it appeal to younger people, it seemed that they were trying a little too hard to be hip and cool with the kids, and not going with the flow.

Another thing that made a huge difference was the running times of both conferences. Sony's went on for a insane amount of time, but Microsoft kept theirs to a strict schedule, never deviating it. For a year when the big three systems are all set to debut, Microsoft should have made more time to dedicate to showing off their titles.

Don't misinterpret my reaction to be cynical, but I think consoles should stay focused on being gaming entertainment devices - not an alternative multimedia peripheral for recording televised programs and making toast.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2005/05/17/e3-2005-xbox-360-conference-reaction

Food for thought.
#2wake_mePosted 5/23/2013 3:38:22 AM
There are much more serious concerns that have nothing to do with graphics.
#3MrSpaM111Posted 5/23/2013 3:39:21 AM
The_Dark_Slay3r posted...
Overall, the atmosphere during the conference is a stark contrast to that of the Sony conference, which was much more professional and, well... felt like a stockholder's meeting. By comparison, the MS conference was too laid-back, and while I applaud them for trying to make it appeal to younger people, it seemed that they were trying a little too hard to be hip and cool with the kids, and not going with the flow.

Microsoft paid people to stand at the back of the conference and clap and cheer at certain points in the show.
#4shads3055Posted 5/23/2013 3:39:32 AM
I think graphics for both systems are still going to be the same there isn't much of a leap in next gen.

im trading in my ps3 the day xbox one comes out. and going with xbox for next gen.
#5The_Dark_Slay3r(Topic Creator)Posted 5/23/2013 6:38:42 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#6Banana_ManaPosted 5/23/2013 6:39:41 AM
MrSpaM111 posted...

Microsoft paid people to stand at the back of the conference and clap and cheer at certain points in the show.

Well hello there, conjecture.

How are you today?
---
Do you enjoy gaming related top 10 lists? If so, go here:
http://www.bewaretherobotsquad.com/p/blog-page.html
#7The moonlight knightPosted 5/23/2013 6:39:58 AM
Was this topic made by someone who literally hasn't paid any attention at all to what people are complaining about?
---
I am snazzier, hot, hot rant. Warily slight as.
Croak rush, OK? Weirder, almighty make out. ::)
#8LightthrowerPosted 5/23/2013 6:41:15 AM
Banana_Mana posted...
MrSpaM111 posted...

Well hello there, conjecture.

How are you today?

It's true though, confirmed by many journalists at the event over Twitter like Adam Sessler, check his Twitter account.
#9Sniper_BrosefPosted 5/23/2013 6:43:18 AM
Slayer! Lost in all of the madness that is this board I haven't been able to ask what you think of the new Xbox.
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
#10Sniper_BrosefPosted 5/23/2013 6:44:11 AM
The moonlight knight posted...
Was this topic made by someone who literally hasn't paid any attention at all to what people are complaining about?

People are complaining about non issues and rumors. Can we not wait until E3 before we sit here and post our faux rage?
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.