"graphics aren't as big a leap" "Sony had a better conference" "disappointing"

#31Sniper_BrosefPosted 5/23/2013 7:29:15 AM
The moonlight knight posted...
Sniper_Brosef posted...
You don't know any of this for an absolute fact. All you are basing this on is one interview

Two actually.

Also, there's as much reason to believe what they've said so far as there'll be to believe things said of it at E3. You're just arguing "ignore all the terrible stuff because we don't know FOR SUPER DUPER SURE if that's how it'll be...so just wait until the next public event where they'll likely fumble, at which point you STILL can't hold that against them, wait until it's released gosh"

Yeah no I'm going to be one of those "weird people" who bases judgments on the console off of them showcasing it since that's kind of the whole point.

Yes. I am saying lets wait until we know the facts. You can trivialize this all you want with your super duper child like comment but at the end of the day we really have nothing more than a bunch of conjecture and speculation. So I will form my opinion of the nee xbox after I learn everything about it.
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
#32Banana_ManaPosted 5/23/2013 7:30:10 AM
scoobydoobydont posted...
Then we shall disagree!

:)

Fair enough.
---
Do you enjoy gaming related top 10 lists? If so, go here:
http://www.bewaretherobotsquad.com/p/blog-page.html
#33The_Dark_Slay3r(Topic Creator)Posted 5/23/2013 8:11:30 AM
Slayer! Lost in all of the madness that is this board I haven't been able to ask what you think of the new Xbox.

It's aesthetically pleasing and has games I want to play.

What did you think?
#34shinra35800Posted 5/23/2013 9:13:05 AM
The_Dark_Slay3r posted...
"The full unveiling of Xbox 360 was on everyone's mind. When the smoke cleared, the audience seemed to all have the same reaction. "Huh. So that's that."

"There is still hope. The original Xbox had a somewhat laughable first showing. Halo did not look very good at E3 2001. You know what, the Xbox turned out pretty damn good. There is hope, I promise you."

Overall, the atmosphere during the conference is a stark contrast to that of the Sony conference, which was much more professional and, well... felt like a stockholder's meeting. By comparison, the MS conference was too laid-back, and while I applaud them for trying to make it appeal to younger people, it seemed that they were trying a little too hard to be hip and cool with the kids, and not going with the flow.

Another thing that made a huge difference was the running times of both conferences. Sony's went on for a insane amount of time, but Microsoft kept theirs to a strict schedule, never deviating it. For a year when the big three systems are all set to debut, Microsoft should have made more time to dedicate to showing off their titles.

Don't misinterpret my reaction to be cynical, but I think consoles should stay focused on being gaming entertainment devices - not an alternative multimedia peripheral for recording televised programs and making toast.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2005/05/17/e3-2005-xbox-360-conference-reaction

Food for thought.

You're welcome.
#35Sniper_BrosefPosted 5/23/2013 9:27:03 AM
The_Dark_Slay3r posted...
Slayer! Lost in all of the madness that is this board I haven't been able to ask what you think of the new Xbox.

It's aesthetically pleasing and has games I want to play.

What did you think?

I liked the ESPN partnership since I play tons of fantasy football it'd be nice to catch fantasy up dates while watching tv or whatever. I was never a fan of Kinect but it's not really a crying shame that I'm forced to use it now. Overall, I'm very intrigued going into E3 and I'm looking forward to hearing more about that Halo series, how it's going to fit the story and whether or not it will be folded into Halo 5 as either a lead in or as a part of an enhanced Spartan Ops experience. We'll see what happens at E3 though...
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
#36MrSpaM111Posted 5/23/2013 9:30:13 AM
Banana_Mana posted...
Lightthrower posted...
Stuff

I watched it.

And I've been to these sort of 'events' myself - people clap just to be polite... Clapping or no clapping isn't an issue, as some clapped regardless of whether they like the tech or not.

No-one saw any clappers being paid, therefore it is all conjecture... Made up by journalists eager for hits, or to get a cheap shot in.

I'm not really a fan of what I saw at the conference, but these sort of assumptions scream stupidity.

The clapping was amplified, the people clapping were rigged with microphones. If they wernt you would have barely been able to hear them.
#37dj___rollPosted 5/23/2013 9:48:11 AM
Quote:The_Dark_Slay3r posted...
Overall, the atmosphere during the conference is a stark contrast to that of the Sony conference, which was much more professional and, well... felt like a stockholder's meeting. By comparison, the MS conference was too laid-back, and while I applaud them for trying to make it appeal to younger people, it seemed that they were trying a little too hard to be hip and cool with the kids, and not going with the flow.

Microsoft paid people to stand at the back of the conference and clap and cheer at certain points in the show.

@MrSpaM111

Sony and Nintendo have done that too... It's just part of the conference 'game' like laugh tracks on tv sitcoms.
---
Sent from my iPad via PowerGuides 1.10
#38Banana_ManaPosted 5/23/2013 9:51:01 AM
MrSpaM111 posted...
Banana_Mana posted...
Lightthrower posted...
Stuff

I watched it.

And I've been to these sort of 'events' myself - people clap just to be polite... Clapping or no clapping isn't an issue, as some clapped regardless of whether they like the tech or not.

No-one saw any clappers being paid, therefore it is all conjecture... Made up by journalists eager for hits, or to get a cheap shot in.

I'm not really a fan of what I saw at the conference, but these sort of assumptions scream stupidity.

The clapping was amplified, the people clapping were rigged with microphones. If they wernt you would have barely been able to hear them.

Conjecture.
---
Do you enjoy gaming related top 10 lists? If so, go here:
http://www.bewaretherobotsquad.com/p/blog-page.html