Why it makes no sense to me (another used game fee topic)

#1dutch2099Posted 5/23/2013 4:18:00 AM
So I bought a new car. An Infiniti G35 lets say. Tricked it right out. Bought some 22's, top end stereo, exhaust system, brakes, rubber...etc. It's paid for, but when I hop in to drive it, there's *gasp* someone in the driver's seat! He says "Yes it's your car, but I drive you everywhere." Well THAT's balls, I think.

"But its mine, I paid for it!"

I continue, "I want to lend it to my friend, he needs to get out of town for the weekend."

"Well then sir, might I suggest you pack a bag, because if he goes out of town, you must accompany him."

So now I'm mad, I mean how much sense does this make? Already having had enough, I decide that I'm going to sell "my" car, but the only buyer is Infiniti. After all the money I spent, they are offering me next to nothing for resale value. I grudgingly accept because there are no other options.

The next day, I'm walking by the car lot when lo and behold, there sits my car. The sticker on the window? Why, FULL price of course! But I suspect that the aftermarket companies that have parts on my old car will NOT be getting back as much money as they think they will from this new sale.

I hope that after reading this, you understand WHY this is an asinine business practice that should not be supported. If a car company pulled this **** on you, you'd never stand for it.
---
Cry Havoc! And let slip the dogs of war!!
#2Sniper_BrosefPosted 5/23/2013 4:21:38 AM
Cars don't come with license agreements and games do. End of comparison...
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
#3AltmadragonPosted 5/23/2013 4:22:28 AM
Sniper_Brosef posted...

Oh they don't you say?
---
Ha! Made you read |TJ07| i5-3570k| Asus p8z77-v| Xfx DD 7970|16gb Corsair veng| 1TB WD HD| 128gb Samsung ssd| XSPC Raystorm RS360 kit|
#4dutch2099(Topic Creator)Posted 5/23/2013 4:53:25 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#5AtalalamaPosted 5/23/2013 4:55:06 AM
Sniper_Brosef posted...

Such an "agreement" should never exist to begin with. That's part of the point. You're purchasing a product, not renting a product.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJN-SWGei7w <- Eyegasm: Xrd
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z74e6bFr5EY <- Eargasm: Revolution
#6Sniper_BrosefPosted 5/23/2013 4:55:36 AM
This is how PCs have worked for years and consoles are just finally reaching the point where they are able to fully enforce it. Don't hate the players hate the game. What Microsoft is doing is nothing new in gaming and is honestly not a big deal.
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
#7Bikes-Posted 5/23/2013 4:57:02 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8TrugamerPosted 5/23/2013 5:24:22 AM
But the car industry does not have consumers who worry more about how much the car maker is earning so they can get their yearly sequel.

What you have is people willing to give up all the value of their game the second the shrink wrap is broken just so those evil poor gamer's are forced to pay $60 for every game forever,which will not happen.

No instead new game buyers lose every bit of that $60 value the second the shrink wrap is broken meanwhile the evil poor gamer's just sit around and wait out the price drops and still get the game for the price they think is fair.

The only person losing out in this deal is?.... you guessed it THE NEW GAME BUYER
#9Link43130Posted 5/23/2013 5:25:52 AM
Atalalama posted...
That's part of the point. You're purchasing a product

No you're not, you're signing up for a service.
---
Steam/XBL/PSN: Link43130
#10TrugamerPosted 5/23/2013 5:31:42 AM
Link43130 posted...
Atalalama posted...
That's part of the point. You're purchasing a product

No you're not, you're signing up for a service.

No you are not , signing up for XBL is signing up for a service , nowhere on these game cases does it claim you are signing up for a service.
You are buying a $60 product that is 100% worthless the second the shrink wrap is broken that is is what you are doing.