Xbox creator claims only 5% of players make use of the feature

#11shinra35800Posted 5/23/2013 10:47:55 AM
DiscostewSM posted...
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/05/microsoft_if_youre_backwards_compatible_youre_really_backwards

It's rather hard to imagine a higher utilization % when your console had limited backwards compatibility with few last-gen games people would want to revisit.

I would loooove to know how they gathered that information. From Superman? I for one did not buy an xbox or a ps3. I played every single gen before them (and wii) and I still have plenty of games I haven't beat. That includes nes, genesis, psp, ds, ps2, gb, EVERYTHING. And on top of that, I regret NOTHING.
#12MinamoPosted 5/23/2013 10:48:35 AM
Maybe it's because only 5% of Xbox Original games work properly with the 360's half-assed backwards compatibility.
#13Atreides825Posted 5/23/2013 10:50:38 AM
TheBeastWithin posted...
This number is skewed if MS is just using their own player base. BC for Xbox games was so terribly supported on 360 not many people would have bothered. If MS was using PS2/PS1 or Wii/Wii U BC numbers, then that would be a more accurate test. I think it would be a fair guess that far more than 5% of Ps2 users played PS1 games on the system.

This
---
"We're the Imperial fething Guard and it's our lot in life to be fethed."
- Major Rawne, Tanith First-and-Only
#14JukainPosted 5/23/2013 10:52:54 AM
I played SoulCalibur II on Xbox 360 with no issues... but that's the only one I ever tried. Too many Xbox 360 games to play Xbox games on it.
---
"In peace, vigilance. In war, victory. In death, sacrifice." ~ The Grey Wardens
http://www.trueachievements.com/mygames.aspx?gamerid=71900
#15ChargrilledPosted 5/23/2013 10:54:31 AM
Ultima Weltall posted...
i remember playing KOTOR on my 360, it ran like dog turds and i never tried the BC again.

Same. But with morrowind

Ill keep my 360 for olde stuff
---
GT : DeadJericho / PSN/Wii-U : Focalpoint /
Correct terminology is 'Could NOT care less'. Learn English!
#16MinamoPosted 5/23/2013 11:00:02 AM
Jukain posted...
I played SoulCalibur II on Xbox 360 with no issues... but that's the only one I ever tried. Too many Xbox 360 games to play Xbox games on it.

Sitting on my shelf, I've personally tried:
Knights of the Old Republic
Jet Set Radio Future
Red Ninja
Toejam & Earl III
Oddworld: Munch's Odyssey

All of which either barely worked (the first two), or didn't run at all (the rest), despite some being exclusives to the Original Xbox.