Do you think Xbox One will kill the Xbox brand?

#1-Damien-Posted 5/23/2013 9:35:04 AM
then next iteration MS will come up with a new brand?

just like Nintendo changing their brand names everytime they died
#2AmyUnleashedPosted 5/23/2013 9:37:39 AM
Depends how much money Micro$oft waste bribing dev's into giving exclusive games & content really as i dont see this console doing that well (probably XB / Gamecube numbers)
#3WindMouseHanpanPosted 5/23/2013 9:42:35 AM(edited)
You know, I was thinking. Most sensible gamers aren't gonna buy the Xbox One. Even Xbox fanboys have turned against it, many of them anyway.

But I think we can still expect the Xbox One to do relatively well in sales. Wanna know why?

Parents. There are countless parents out there who will buy anything for their screaming kid. I wouldn't be surprised if 70% of Xbox One units are bought by parents because their 5 year old kid kept hollering for one, not even really knowing what it is...
---
Made a new channel, come see my let's plays if you want~!
http://www.youtube.com/user/themorphingfennecfox
#4rwfan2cPosted 5/23/2013 9:42:01 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#5rwfan2cPosted 5/23/2013 9:42:12 AM
Im still not convinced this is what the Xbox One will end up being.

Honestly all the features are fine. The Used game and Always on DRM is what has me at a big no way right now. Would rather do without the kinect but i can deal with that.

With the backlash about the used game fees and the Always on DRM i cannot see the stockholders at Microsoft not raising a stink. And Microsoft cannot be that disconnected from reality to see that IF Sony goes the way of no DRM and allows used games, they cannot compete with that. at all.
---
Currently Playing: Guild Wars 2, Bastion, Tera, Far Cry 3
"Demon's Run, When a Good Man Goes to War."
#6jonnovision1Posted 5/23/2013 9:42:36 AM
I hope so, but I think there's enough people that don't care about the restrictions and/or don't know the implications that come with them that it will still, at the very least, survive.
---
"Reinforcements? I am the Reinforcements."
PKMN Black FC: 0261 9500 8363
#7RyuVegasPosted 5/23/2013 9:45:57 AM
Short answer: Yes.

Long Answer: I dunno for sure. But Microsoft is marketing this console to the Richest of the Richest people and ON TOP OF THAT the Most privileged people too. It has been proven in other markets that if you do this YOU WILL FAIL. How hard and how fast is hard to say though. But the outlook is really bleak for them, compared to their delusions where they think everyone is excited for this. Remember: There were FAKE applause from behind the stage from Microsoft Correspondents at the reveal conference
---
http://backloggery.com/ryuvega NP: Portal 2, 3DS Games
'I've seen Ryu on the MtG board so he's already cooler than most of you.' ~ XImperialDragon
#8SDF 1Posted 5/23/2013 9:46:50 AM
If it comes out as what was presented at the event
God I hope so
---
Hordge Porky Knobs
#9trenkenPosted 5/23/2013 9:48:55 AM
Not at all. As soon as they put out some kick ass games everything will be just fine.

Gamers have a way of predicting the future, and failing at it. E3 has not even taken place yet, the system has not even been released yet.

How about we relax a little bit? Sheesh, almost makes me embarrassed to be a gamer in general seeing the way these children act.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#10Ultima WeltallPosted 5/23/2013 9:49:49 AM
they're reinventing the brand.
---
Xtreme Rig: i7-3960X, 16gb ddr3, geforce gtx690, 480gig ssd
Runs Facebook and YouTube at a smooth 60fps