Invasion of privacy...

#1fatheruppercutPosted 5/23/2013 11:04:37 AM
LOL

What are you guys doing surfing the internet if you are mad that Microsoft might collect data on you? Data about your surfing behavior is constantly being collected by everyone.

Trust me, Microsoft doesn't care that you like to sit on the couch in your tightie whities watching C.H.I.P.S re-runs and eating frito chips. There is no benefit to having that information and no way to make money on it...

jeez
---
It's ironic.. We ignore the people who adore us, and adore the people who ignore us.
#2scythecamPosted 5/23/2013 11:06:23 AM
fatheruppercut posted...
LOL

What are you guys doing surfing the internet if you are mad that Microsoft might collect data on you? Data about your surfing behavior is constantly being collected by everyone.

Trust me, Microsoft doesn't care that you like to sit on the couch in your tightie whities watching C.H.I.P.S re-runs and eating fritochips. There is no benefit to having that information and no way to make money on it...

jeez

=/
---
One-and-Donecos
#3SORS_IMMANISPosted 5/23/2013 11:06:28 AM
Enjoy having a corporate camera and microphone spying on your household at all times.
#4Lunacy182Posted 5/23/2013 11:07:26 AM
Come on TC. Leave the special tin foil hat wearing users alone.
---
The above text is the opinion of the poster.
"How do I screen shot real life?" - Xeeh_Bitz
#5shinstochinsPosted 5/23/2013 11:07:34 AM
fatheruppercut posted...
LOL

Trust me, Microsoft doesn't care that you like to sit on the couch in your tightie whities watching C.H.I.P.S re-runs and eating frito chips. There is no benefit to having that information and no way to make money on it...

jeez

to bad your jokes are unfunny
#6fatheruppercut(Topic Creator)Posted 5/23/2013 11:12:01 AM
scythecam posted...
fatheruppercut posted...
LOL

Trust me, Microsoft doesn't care that you like to sit on the couch in your tightie whities watching C.H.I.P.S re-runs and eating fritochips. There is no benefit to having that information and no way to make money on it...

jeez

=/

IF... huge word... IF they have technology that can look at videos of you playing videogames and watching TV and identify you as a fan of fritos, C.H.I.P.S, and fruit of the loom briefs, then they are genius.

FYI - you are usually told (granted, in the fine print) that usage data is being collected on you and you do have the option to turn it off.
---
It's ironic.. We ignore the people who adore us, and adore the people who ignore us.
#7fatheruppercut(Topic Creator)Posted 5/23/2013 11:15:07 AM
Look at the ads being served to you on this very site. Do you notice the sideways triangle in the top right hand corner of almost every ad? Hover over that and click it. You are given privacy setting options
---
#8jakezing33Posted 5/23/2013 11:15:51 AM
fatheruppercut posted...
Look at the ads being served to you on this very site. Do you notice the sideways triangle in the top right hand corner of almost every ad? Hover over that and click it. You are given privacy setting options

whats an Ad?
---
"Have you accepted Twilight Sparkle into your life?"
"Every board is a debate board when jakezing is around!"
#9mooninomicsPosted 5/23/2013 11:26:20 AM(edited)
fatheruppercut posted...

*looks around site*

... Ads?

Anyway, I'm wondering something now. You are right in the sense that Microsoft doesn't care if I'm sitting on my couch dripping wet and stark naked, playing games with my manhood illuminated by the glow of the TV. But theoretically speaking, if a Kinect catches something illegal going on (let's say seriously illegal; murder or something), could it be used as evidence if the data is requested by authorities?

Say two people are playing a game on the couch, fully in view of Kinect. One guy wins, and the other guy gets really pissed. The losing guy then stabs the other guy to death, with Kinect catching the whole thing. Could police request the data to be used as evidence if they obtain a warrant? I guess some good could come out of it if so. Sometimes.
---
Are you suggesting that moon should get off his ass and write some stories? He's like the Stephen King of gamefaqs. - Sorbz
#10MarceloSampaioPosted 5/23/2013 11:53:26 AM
The difference is that nobody knows who I am on the Internet. I can be a woman or a man, I can be a kid ans say I'm 30, and I could be 70 and say I'm 20.

I can say whatever I want, and nobody will ever know who and what I am.