Used fee = full MSRP of new game? Console connected once every 24 hr?

#1KillerDuck03Posted 5/23/2013 10:33:05 AM
I haven't seen any confirmation that the used game fee is the full MSRP of a new game. As for a used game fee in general, don't some games already do this? I think it was Homeland I bought the game used but also had to pay to get a code to use it online.

Also some clarification on the "must be connected to the internet once every 24 hours". Does this mean powered on once every 24 hours or would it be ok to leave off for a few days but still plugged into the router? It's not like I unplug my Blu-ray or PC or Xbox 360 when I'm done using them, they're always plugged in.

Separate topic:

I have a Kinect now and it's not on unless the Xbox is on. Yeah it shows me pictures of me looking goofy while playing but I wouldn't call that spying. Cover the camera if you're that paranoid. Also, lots of software on your phone already phones home and that doesn't seem to bother anyone.
#2aya469Posted 5/23/2013 10:34:00 AM
So the VP of Microsoft stating that it would be the same cost as a new game isn't confirmation enough for you?
---
I write about games and stuff. Check it out if you want. thisispixelplanet.tumblr.com
http://www.examiner.com/gamer-in-phoenix/michael-mckenzie
#3KillerDuck03(Topic Creator)Posted 5/23/2013 10:37:12 AM
A quick search, the only place that explicitly says it is the full price of the new game is on Kotaku. Are there any other sources?
#4jonnovision1Posted 5/23/2013 10:38:15 AM
KillerDuck03 posted...
A quick search, the only place that explicitly says it is the full price of the new game is on Kotaku. Are there any other sources?

ya, Kotaku's article had it being stated by the VP in an interview.
---
"Reinforcements? I am the Reinforcements."
PKMN Black FC: 0261 9500 8363
#5Parisinflames78Posted 5/23/2013 10:41:42 AM
I have a feeling all games are going to be available as digital downloads from day one. Im thinking the fee will probably be whatever the game is selling for on the marketplace at the time.
#6SparkItUpPosted 5/23/2013 10:43:29 AM
KillerDuck03 posted...

Eurogamer did as well.
---
http://youtu.be/Mke9EHMQMYI
Did you stand to close to the fire, like a liar looking for forgiveness from a stone...
#7Tube_of_NoobPosted 5/23/2013 10:45:15 AM
Lets clear this I will write in bold to further push the point:Its not the journalists spinning these topics its MS employees from the VP to MajorNelson to Xbox Support.
---
Winter is Coming
Currently Playing: FC3 Blood Dragon, Assassins Creed III & Blops 2
#8Alnilam81Posted 5/23/2013 10:59:52 AM
To actually be helpful, and answer your question...

Assuming the ping every 24 hours rumors are true (which really isn't clear right now) if you leave it off for a week it'll just try to ping the next time you turn it on.

You won't have to force it on once a day in fear of it getting remote bricked by MS. There is no way that would happen, otherwise you'd need someone to come and feed your cat and turn on your Xbox once a day if you went on holiday, get real people.

In my eyes the worst i can imagine is that if you try to turn it on after not using for a few days and you have no internet at that moment, you might (i stress might) have some kind of issue playing games until your internet comes back up.

Ultimately though, nothing is confirmed right now. Wait a while and see what is actually announced, it's not like you really need to worry about it right now.