If it wasn't for the Kinect...

#1RevolverOspreyPosted 5/23/2013 2:02:15 PM
...and the always online, I would consider buying this system. I understand the issue with used games having fees is big but developer's are probably pushing it on Microsoft so I don't doubt they'll be pushing it on Sony too. But MS can at least control the stupid decision they made to force the Kinect on you 24/7. Because right now there is no redeeming quality that could possibly arise that would awaken a desire within me to buy this.

I'm sorry, but I don't want a branded telescreen in my living room and neither should any rational American or otherwise. I will not stand by and have my constitutional rights trampled upon by being forced to sign a TOS that violates them just so I can have some entertainment that I can already enjoy via PC. There is something wrong with a company having the ability to watch you and hear you within the privacy of your own home. Some may argue that they can already do so via smartphone, laptop camera etc.. My rebuttal is this, just because you allow one violation of privacy doesn't mean that you should be comfortable with all violations of privacy. I can come up with a slue of metaphors to illustrate how stupid that is.

People were going nuts over CISPA, SOPA, and PIPA and it's blatant violation of constitutional rights and yet some choose to accept a Kinect. This is by far the most illogical garbage ever. So some would fight their government and corporations from being able to monitor their online activity and yet it's perfectly okay for them to monitor everything down to your facial expression in your own home. You do realize that the Kinect can probably hear everything throughout a good portion of your house too right? And this doesn't scare you? In fact some have argued that this is good because it would prevent terrorism! That is absolutely ridiculous. So some would deem those who value their privacy paranoid when their own motivation for supporting the product is unfounded paranoia built upon irrational fear! I scoff at the term terrorism and the government's repeated abuse of it to indoctrinate the unwary. And I scoff at the suckers who buy into it.

This technology opens a very abusable door of power. With consumers accepting what can essentially be used as a domestic spying device in their home via gaming system, what about the future? Will this become a standard practice and will we soon see these devices equipped onto TV's, desktops, laptops, will they become mandatory parts of a home? These are all unanswerable questions however they are questions one must at least consider. And to the apathetic types who just want to drink football and watch TV have fun just "accepting the bad stuff". Maybe one day "the bad stuff" will be too overwhelming to accept and then it will be too late. Remember this post when that happens.

If you fail to see the rationality behind this argument, then education has failed you. I suggest you read up on the USSR especially under Stalin to see how much power the state can abuse when it possesses it. However, we the people still have some semblance of power so let's not take the abuse with butt cheeks wide open. As the consumer you choose, with YOUR money, what practices you support and what practices you don't. In fact, YOU have a responsibility to do so to prevent future generations from being extorted out of every last cent and every last personal freedom. YOU have POWER, it's valuable, just like you wouldn't give away a diamond, don't just give away your power.
---
Boycott the Xbox One!
One for All or None for One!
#2The_PlagueLordPosted 5/23/2013 2:05:11 PM
I don't even need to read all of that to know I agree with you.

The only defense against your arguments is, you are conspirary nut, and what do you have to hide. Oh yeah, and laptops have cameras and cellphones too. Based on that, you cannot have your opinion that you are having right now TC, you simply are not allowed to think like that. =P
#3DysonPosted 5/23/2013 2:06:38 PM
The_PlagueLord posted...
I don't even need to read all of that to know I agree with you.

The only defense against your arguments is, you are conspirary nut, and what do you have to hide. Oh yeah, and laptops have cameras and cellphones too. Based on that, you cannot have your opinion that you are having right now TC, you simply are not allowed to think like that. =P

I didnt read it either and agree as well lol
#4Dmilla_AltPosted 5/23/2013 2:07:33 PM
had i wanted Kinect i would have bought it.

and that was the old Kinect! This new version is downright creepy.
#5blazeUP12Posted 5/23/2013 2:08:03 PM
Sticky requested
---
hello earthlings, i am from another planet
http://www.youtube.com/XXtheJUMPoffXX
#6axelfooley2k5Posted 5/23/2013 2:08:10 PM
i want in on this anti love fest !!!!
---
CAREFULL MANNNN, There's a Beverage Here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#7supremeblasterPosted 5/23/2013 2:09:19 PM
I'm afraid I can't read that. Try to compress next time.
#8blazeUP12Posted 5/23/2013 2:10:44 PM
supremeblaster posted...

Xbox One = Shoehorned living room surveillance device
---
hello earthlings, i am from another planet
http://www.youtube.com/XXtheJUMPoffXX
#9wombatkiddPosted 5/23/2013 2:11:22 PM
supremeblaster posted...

ITP: "Reading less than one page of text is hard!"
---
---
"Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master."
#10tubb311Posted 5/23/2013 2:11:31 PM
if the developers were really hurting that bad they would have just done what Microsoft is doing on their own years ago. i don't believe developers are pushing this on Microsoft because they know gamers won't buy into it.