Pathetic that controller still uses batteries

#11FalconPunch245Posted 5/23/2013 3:25:48 PM
They should make some kind of self sustaining sentient controller.
---
It's all falling into place.
#12SORS_IMMANISPosted 5/23/2013 3:26:42 PM
Microsoft controllers use AA batteries? What, seriously?
#13fleadog2Posted 5/23/2013 3:28:06 PM
Im a supporter of Xbox One this bothers me but i will still get it
---
GT: Chuckles21z
#14CloakedNubPosted 5/23/2013 3:28:08 PM
Better than having to be tethered to the console.
#15mrshowtime333Posted 5/23/2013 3:28:56 PM
O kids.

You realize they make Lithium Ion AA rechargeable batteries right?

Do you think they didnt think about this?

Its a PLUS to not have a internal battery. They go bad eventually and then you are out a controller. Or worse your playing and have a battery go dead and have to play wired.

The cheapest and best way for the consumer, is to have rechargeable detachable batteries on a controller. Its not even a conversation worth having.
#16ElPolloDiablo87Posted 5/23/2013 3:29:22 PM
Why would I want a built-in rechargeable battery that could die and force me to buy a proprietary battery to replace? I'll gladly stick with my rechargeable AA's, thanks.
---
Madre de Dios, es El Pollo Diablo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28WrhpTzQA
#17jakethenoobPosted 5/23/2013 3:30:52 PM
You all know he means the fact that it uses AA batteries like this is 2005 again.

The PS3 controller uses an internal rechargeable pack that you can charge or use with a generic USB cable so why can't the Xboner in 2013?

Although I saw in Adam Sessler's video when he was using the controller they had it hooked up to a PC with a usb cable so maybe you can do that at launch.
---
Game collection: http://postimage.org/gallery/1tqkmeku/
#18Sylar100Posted 5/23/2013 3:32:06 PM
mrshowtime333 posted...
O kids.

Its a PLUS to not have a internal battery. They go bad eventually and then you are out a controller. Or worse your playing and have a battery go dead and have to play wired.

The cheapest and best way for the consumer, is to have rechargeable detachable batteries on a controller. Its not even a conversation worth having.

The ps3 controller battery is still fine after at least a few years. Having AA batteries for the controller is stupid. Even Nintendo realizes this and fixed it with the Wii U
#19Neoreloaded313Posted 5/23/2013 3:32:27 PM
Dealing with AA batteries is a pain in the ass, even the rechargeable ones.
---
Trolls and ignorant people gets added to my ignore list.
#20mrshowtime333Posted 5/23/2013 3:36:49 PM
Sylar100 posted...
mrshowtime333 posted...
O kids.

The ps3 controller battery is still fine after at least a few years. Having AA batteries for the controller is stupid. Even Nintendo realizes this and fixed it with the Wii U

Ah yes, the extremely popular Wii U showing Microsoft how to properly build a console. Jesus...