I must be the only one that wants a all in one convenient entertainment system?

#21181stCommanderPosted 5/23/2013 11:40:57 PM
NSGraphite posted...
I'm all about all-in-one entertainment solutions. thats part of the reason i like the ps3 so much. gamers as tech oriented generally like multi-media systems.

however when a peice of hardware's reputation and history is built up upon one specific strength (in this case gaming) it needs to establish that it will function in that capacity first, foremost and best. SONY did that with the ps4. they concentrated on games first and showed gamers (their target audience for launch) that this was their focus. sure, we all know that it will play blu and dvd movies....probably very well. we all know it will do 3d. we all know it can play mp3's. we all know it will stream netflix and the vast majority of gamers are perfectly ok with these things. At the end of the day what gamers care about is the games. sony hit the nail on the head with their conference. microsoft smashed their thumb and insted of sticking the thumb in their mouth to nurse it, they immediately jammed it up their arse and started talking about limiting the one thing their target audience cares most about. games. Limiting gaming by blocking used and borrowed games. limiting gaming by charging extra fees for friends to play your games. limiting gaming by requiring your system to be connected to the internet. limiting gaming by enslaving the indie game makers to their publishing demands.

The X1 does not expand gaming, it limits it. thats why gamers are near universally p.o.ed about the entire ordeal.

100% agreed.
---
Join The Galactic Empire, like the Imperial Fleet facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/theimperialfleet
#22SlimeSwayzePosted 5/23/2013 11:48:01 PM
Or you have incredibly shallow standards for what classifies as entertainment.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#23token_swordsmanPosted 5/23/2013 11:48:32 PM
The problem i have with it being an all in one media center is i have a remote to switch stations, inputs and it really isn't that much of a hassle.

The console browsers ps3 and xbox have are very weak and xbox uses ie. netflix/hulu are just things that this gen can/ could do. Movies, again, a simple remote hat came with the dvd/ blueay player isn't a hassle. This is just a waste for the most part.

Yes, the drm and lack of backwards compatibility are worse and the main focus, but the tv/ movie functions are just tacked on and lose focus if what a console should be for, games. I reiterate, remotes are not a big enough hassle to build a system 65% around.
---
^ Typed this from my wii u ^
#24kel25Posted 5/23/2013 11:53:08 PM
NSGraphite posted...
I'm all about all-in-one entertainment solutions. thats part of the reason i like the ps3 so much. gamers as tech oriented generally like multi-media systems.

however when a peice of hardware's reputation and history is built up upon one specific strength (in this case gaming) it needs to establish that it will function in that capacity first, foremost and best. SONY did that with the ps4. they concentrated on games first and showed gamers (their target audience for launch) that this was their focus. sure, we all know that it will play blu and dvd movies....probably very well. we all know it will do 3d. we all know it can play mp3's. we all know it will stream netflix and the vast majority of gamers are perfectly ok with these things. At the end of the day what gamers care about is the games. sony hit the nail on the head with their conference. microsoft smashed their thumb and insted of sticking the thumb in their mouth to nurse it, they immediately jammed it up their arse and started talking about limiting the one thing their target audience cares most about. games. Limiting gaming by blocking used and borrowed games. limiting gaming by charging extra fees for friends to play your games. limiting gaming by requiring your system to be connected to the internet. limiting gaming by enslaving the indie game makers to their publishing demands.

The X1 does not expand gaming, it limits it. thats why gamers are near universally p.o.ed about the entire ordeal.

I tip my hate to you good sir.