With XBOX ONE coming out, does that mean they'll stop making XBOX 360 games?

#1IAMTH3GUYVERPosted 5/24/2013 9:11:06 AM
I want to know. I've Googled this but I can't find anything about this subject at all! I want to know if I'll be able to buy new games on XBOX 360 for at least a year after the release of XBOX ONE. That would be awesome if we can! I want to be able to buy and play GTA 5, COD: Ghosts and Battlefield 4 on 360. There's no way that everyone will make the switch to XBOX ONE or PS4 right at launch so they have to keep making the games right?
---
"Boys screamed and girls screamed. So I made him scream, and scream, and scream..." ~ SPAWN
#2iSkadooshPosted 5/24/2013 9:13:29 AM
Yes, and when xbox two comes out the xbox one will become an expensive paperweight when they turn off the servers.
---
One Xbox to rule them all, One Kinect to find them, One time in 24 hours to check their licenses, and in the used market deny them.
#3ILikesCheesePosted 5/24/2013 9:14:45 AM
Yes.

How many Wii games have come out recently by Nintendo?
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#4IAMTH3GUYVER(Topic Creator)Posted 5/24/2013 9:15:59 AM
Yes as in they'll stop making them or Yes as in I'll be able to buy new games on 360 for at least year after the ONE's release?
---
"Boys screamed and girls screamed. So I made him scream, and scream, and scream..." ~ SPAWN
#5Styrof0amPosted 5/24/2013 9:19:43 AM
No, new games will still come, and this is official.

We care very much about the investment you have made in Xbox 360 and will continue to support it with a pipeline of new games and new apps well into the future.

Source:
http://news.xbox.com/2013/05/qa

From a business perspective this makes sense, no need to ditch something that still generats revenue for you. PS2 had (still has?) a long life afte PS3 was released.
#6IAMTH3GUYVER(Topic Creator)Posted 5/24/2013 9:22:54 AM
Styrof0am posted...

We care very much about the investment you have made in Xbox 360 and will continue to support it with a pipeline of new games and new apps well into the future.

Source:

From a business perspective this makes sense, no need to ditch something that still generats revenue for you. PS2 had (still has?) a long life afte PS3 was released.

THANK YOU AMIGO!!!!
---
#7dutch2099Posted 5/24/2013 9:28:14 AM
Styrof0am posted...

Source:

Words...nothing more. Microsoft is pretty much telling us now " look at the software licensing agreement and you'll see that we owned this all along". So until I see the fine print on a contract stating this to be the truth, they can spin all the rhetoric they want, I'm out.
---
Cry Havoc! And let slip the dogs of war!!
#8SinisterSlayPosted 5/24/2013 9:30:48 AM
Probably more games for it for the next 1-3 years as each developer finishes their in progress projects.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#9Styrof0amPosted 5/24/2013 9:48:34 AM
SinisterSlay posted...
Probably more games for it for the next 1-3 years as each developer finishes their in progress projects.

See this is the interesting part.

Considering the XB360 is a risc based powerpc and X1 is x86, 2 architectures that are vastly different (so different not even MS will spend money or time on B/C, will 3rd party developers keep supporting the XB360?

Of course this will be dependant on which console has the biggest userbase, but at some point the 2 will be equal in size, so as a 3rd party dev, when do you make the switch?

The huge devs will have the money to create games for both systems, but a lot will have to choose.

dutch2099 posted...
Words...nothing more.

See this is what I don't get about all the anti-X1 people out there.

They post and share just about any rumour or unconfirmed info (often taken out of context), and expect everyone to take it as gospel, but if someone posts something official and confirmed, then it's all lies and words.

It's like discussing wioth women, there's just no winning, and logic will get you nowhere.