Lets hope kinect visual DRM doesnt happen.

#21Monkey_Fu(Topic Creator)Posted 5/24/2013 1:02:19 PM
@geneticsftw
One complaint was that it wasnt really an alternative, that it would cut into money movie theaters make.
#22Monkey_Fu(Topic Creator)Posted 5/24/2013 1:04:00 PM
It was discussed on destructoid, but of courses wouldn't know..... :)
#23bessy67Posted 5/24/2013 1:05:02 PM
Monkey_Fu posted...
It was discussed on destructoid, but of courses wouldn't know..... :)

Then show a link.
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#24lokithefoolPosted 5/24/2013 1:06:03 PM
Monkey_Fu posted...
@lokithefool
worst? Well you should check out the responses from indie devs...not pretty

http://www.destructoid.com/devs-express-disappointment-with-xbox-one-over-twitter-254326.phtml

Well whatever it looks like Microsoft if going the route of Sega, and Nintendo is just smiling rubbing its hands together waiting to take the crown again.
#25SpookyryuPosted 5/24/2013 1:11:24 PM
purerage posted...
blazeUP12 posted...
"The users consuming the content on a display device are monitored so that if the number of user-views licensed is exceeded, remedial action may be taken," it reads.

Why do they phrase this like a punishment?

Because it is a punishment - YOU are being punished for exceeding the license you purchased...in their eyes it's like buying a copy of WIndows 8 - the license entitles you to 3 installs, if you install on a 4th machine they want you to pay up...same concept here - if you rent a movie over their streaming service and have more than 2 people in the room watching it, they want you to pay for 2 movie rentals..

please don't construe this response as me agreeing with the patent/concept, just clarifying/explaining it.

Indeed, that's what it is, but I haven't been charged before for how many people we see in a rented movie or even a movie that I damn pay for it, not even netflix will think is good idea, because I already pay for it so I can watch with all the damn neighborhood, that's why is an stupid idea.
#26adampeltzPosted 5/24/2013 1:20:59 PM(edited)
Whether they implement it or not, I find the pursuit of the patent to be unethical and deserving of scorn on its own.
---
XBL gamertag: Peltz | Wii U NNID: Peltz-0
3DS Friend code: 1161-0129-0691.
#27dearestnightPosted 5/24/2013 1:22:36 PM
Even having a patent for something like that is offensive to consumers. Damn.
#28bessy67Posted 5/24/2013 1:23:29 PM
dearestnight posted...
Even having a patent for something like that is offensive to consumers. Damn.

I know, right? Well here's a questionable Sony one. Get out your torches and pitchforks!

http://www.destructoid.com/sony-patents-plan-to-interrupt-games-with-commercials-228023.phtml
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67