Instead of talking about TV, TV, TV, why didn't they...

#1WeLoveYouPosted 5/25/2013 12:44:02 AM
Why didn't they talk and clarify about before-long-rumored used game question directly at the conference?
What you see now as a result is a circulating of rumors and fake, incorrect, confusing states by the gaming media. You would have expected that, Microsoft, so don't blame them for this.
At E3 they said they'll talk only about games, so when? You're expecting X1 buyers with complete confidence, no matter what's in the box?
---
http://psnprofiles.com/RainyDusk
#2PielordXPosted 5/25/2013 12:47:12 AM
They aren't allowed to talk about things that aren't set in stone yet.
---
Pie what have you learned from this experience? I'll get warned for posting gifs of people killing themselves.
#3dolablaPosted 5/25/2013 12:48:59 AM
Because isn't that what the GAMER wanted to hear? We all wanted to hear about these TV features, skype, fantasy football etc. etc. etc.
#4crikey102Posted 5/25/2013 1:03:11 AM
it was a tech showing to unveil the box, so that they have more space to display games at e3. They announced that in advance of the showing, although they probably should have been louder about it.
#5FoppePosted 5/25/2013 1:07:02 AM
Because everybody and their mother talks about these rumors now, it's free publicity.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#6TrueSephir0thPosted 5/25/2013 1:14:49 AM
Foppe posted...
Because everybody and their mother talks about these rumors now, it's free publicity.

i was thinking about this earlier, and that old saying "any publicity is good publicity"
bad publicity has worked for me before, my friends were all the rage about this movie "Birdemic" telling me its one of the worst films ever made and i need to watch it...and it worked, i watched it and loved it (in a bad way...i enjoy bad films)

but that was just a film that i watched for free on netflix (which i dont pay for...hehe). but things change when a product is placed before an established audience with a presumably high price tag (anything over $200 is an investment in my book). there is no novelty to be had here. all this publicity is sure to damage sales and the overall reputation of the company, if not the entire industry.
---
GT= Flying Abstract
#7Worker_8_Posted 5/25/2013 1:20:04 AM
TrueSephir0th posted...
Foppe posted...

i was thinking about this earlier, and that old saying "any publicity is good publicity"
bad publicity has worked for me before, my friends were all the rage about this movie "Birdemic" telling me its one of the worst films ever made and i need to watch it...and it worked, i watched it and loved it (in a bad way...i enjoy bad films)

but that was just a film that i watched for free on netflix (which i dont pay for...hehe). but things change when a product is placed before an established audience with a presumably high price tag (anything over $200 is an investment in my book). there is no novelty to be had here. all this publicity is sure to damage sales and the overall reputation of the company, if not the entire industry.

Get a job.
#8FoppePosted 5/25/2013 1:28:25 AM
TrueSephir0th posted...
Foppe posted...

I don't think that it will hurt them in the long run...
With all these speculations going on, people will always assume the worse. Just throw a rock and you will hit a "what if" topic.
People that are not really interested in consoles will hear these speculations and be horrified about how a console will turn our civilization into 1984.
And when Microsoft officially release the true facts, it wont be as bad as people thought.
People that's not interested in consoles will bring it up and hear that it wont turn the civilization into 1984, and maybe be interested in the TV features.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#9TrueSephir0thPosted 5/25/2013 1:28:54 AM
Worker_8_ posted...
TrueSephir0th posted...
Foppe posted...

Get a job.

i have a job, and an apartment, and a car, and a cell phone all of which i pay for on my own...any purchase above $200 is something us real people have to consider.
it must be nice sitting up there on your mounds of money without a care or thought in your pretentious little brain
---
GT= Flying Abstract
#10WeLoveYou(Topic Creator)Posted 5/25/2013 1:33:30 AM
Worker_8_ posted...
TrueSephir0th posted...
Foppe posted...

Get a job.

It's not about having a job, it's about having stinking money or not. In this case, of course everyone would buy X1 (or whatever) eyes closed.
But that's not the case, fortunately.
---
http://psnprofiles.com/RainyDusk