Your reaction: Red Rings of Death make a return

#1PielordXPosted 5/25/2013 3:32:27 AM
You decide despite the bad press and underwhelming nature of the system, to buy it anyway.

You begin to play Call of Duty: Dogs.

After the first level it freezes. You reset.

It happens again however this time, it won't turn back on.

You leave the room to get a drink or pee and come back and the green light fades to red.

What do you do?
---
Pie what have you learned from this experience? I'll get warned for posting gifs of people killing themselves.
#2L4ndoGr1ff1nPosted 5/25/2013 3:53:21 AM
Reliability is a big concern and history has a habit of repeating itself.
---
Shaped by those we`ve lost
#3PielordX(Topic Creator)Posted 5/25/2013 3:58:41 AM
L4ndoGr1ff1n posted...

Hence why I feel a second videogame crash on the horizon.
---
Pie what have you learned from this experience? I'll get warned for posting gifs of people killing themselves.
#4Pixx0Posted 5/25/2013 4:01:21 AM
PielordX posted...
L4ndoGr1ff1n posted...

Hence why I feel a second videogame crash on the horizon.

From a good friend working at Ubi, it already started ....the outcome is yet, unsure.

On topic, two RROD on 360 and one YLOD on PS3 made me reconsider buying at launch. Geek at heart I won't deny that, but for once, just this once, I'll take a cautious wait stance (at least one good year).
#5Link43130Posted 5/25/2013 4:02:07 AM
"boy it sure was dumb of them to reuse the most common error message in the 360, especially since they took it out for the slim redesign."
---
Steam/XBL/PSN: Link43130
#6jmtstanPosted 5/25/2013 5:06:43 AM
what if the cloud computing side freeze while trying to render more shading/effects
---
New Vita owner!!!
PSN: jmtstan1138
#7YeomanlyPosted 5/25/2013 5:08:39 AM
After seeing both systems specs (speculated on some) the Xbox One due to it's hardware and size will be the quieter and cooler machine, I would be worried about the fans and heat from the PS4.

I expect zero problems from Microsoft this time around.
#8KouramaPosted 5/25/2013 5:10:35 AM
In the interview where MS said they would like sell 1 billion units (lol), MS also mentioned that half of the first 25 mil would be replaced units and that they are ready for it.

With all the info out and that extra tidbit I can't see how anyone can justify the purchase of the new Xbox1 unless they are a fanboy.