Probing your mind

#1DarkotsuPosted 5/25/2013 8:48:20 AM
Considering you can measure heartbeat through the Kinect, Microsoft can make a good portfolio of what your interests are and what type of consumer you are. Simple example of a new Doritos flavor shown as a ad on the Xbox One screen, the Kinect records your eyes to see if you even glanced at it, if your head even moved slightly to look at the ad while seeing if your heart beat moved quicker or paced steadily, quicker being a indicator of showing some excitement. So the more ads that make your heartbeat go quicker, chances are similar ads will repeat to get that desired effect on your heart. So Xbox One is even more affective than Facebook at figuring out your behavior and desires subconsciously into a wonderful portfolio for the marketing community to enjoy. This might also be one reason why Xbox One wants you to log in at least once a day, grabbing a little piece about yourself every twenty four hours.
#2spooiePosted 5/25/2013 8:53:33 AM
I would say not really, but putting it past Microsoft, they'd be crazy enough to try something like that.
---
Owner of The NES, SNES, N64, GCN, Wii, SMS, GEN, TG16, PSX, PS2, PS3, XBOX, 360, GB, GBC, GBA SP, GB Micro, DS, DSLite, PSP and a lot of crappy games. --BLINGO!
#3dearestnightPosted 5/25/2013 8:56:53 AM
Target has been doing crazier crap for years. Look up some of their data mining horror stories, like knowing a girl was pregnant before her or her father did. lol.

Of course Xbone will data mine to determine ads and game potential.
#4SpookyryuPosted 5/25/2013 9:02:06 AM
That is what this console is, Marketing box, and they want to sell all the features a game console, this is like a comic book plan to take over the world, oops Microsoft true face is the Riddler, lol
#5Darkotsu(Topic Creator)Posted 5/25/2013 10:23:17 AM
Spookyryu posted...
That is what this console is, Marketing box, and they want to sell all the features a game console, this is like a comic book plan to take over the world, oops Microsoft true face is the Riddler, lol

Xbox One does remind me of the Riddler challenges, I can already imagine Kinect saying "Riddle me this" on subscriptions and advertising verifying if you are paying attention to the marketing especially with those TV achievements
#6spooiePosted 5/25/2013 10:25:25 AM
The Kinect camera scans the rooms and recognizes a bag of doritos.

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED! - Eat all you want, we'll make more! - 10 Points.
---
Owner of The NES, SNES, N64, GCN, Wii, SMS, GEN, TG16, PSX, PS2, PS3, XBOX, 360, GB, GBC, GBA SP, GB Micro, DS, DSLite, PSP and a lot of crappy games. --BLINGO!
#7Darkotsu(Topic Creator)Posted 5/25/2013 10:37:08 AM
spooie posted...
The Kinect camera scans the rooms and recognizes a bag of doritos.

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED! - Eat all you want, we'll make more! - 10 Points.

Achievement Unlocked: Bag Belly
Eating the Doritos Bag for the extreme who enjoy every bite even the packaging (Kinect finds the bar code in stomach)