The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

If the new "no used game fees" rumors are true

#1horror_spookyPosted 5/25/2013 8:50:05 AM(edited)
Does that change your mind about getting an Xbox One? - Results (204 votes)
Yes
19.12% (39 votes)
No
65.69% (134 votes)
Maybe
15.2% (31 votes)
This poll is now closed.
We keep getting contradicting information and MS is being vague and foggy as ****, but that's the newest rumor I read about the Xbone.
---
Just when they think they have all the answers, I change the questions.
www.cheatmasters.com
#2Rayden-JolteonPosted 5/25/2013 8:51:02 AM
No, Still a heck of a lot wrong with it to consider a purchase.
#3DemonedgePosted 5/25/2013 8:55:04 AM
The topic poll is assuming that we already made a choice not to get one..
---
The enemy of your enemy is your friend.
#4MrMolinaroPosted 5/25/2013 8:57:07 AM(edited)
No used game fees at large retailers =/= no used game fees. Borrowing, lending and renting are not possible without fees. Small retailers won't be able to afford to participate in Microsoft's Azure cloud services. E-commerce and other person to person sales will require fees.
#5RolfinPosted 5/25/2013 8:56:51 AM
It would be considerably better, but there's still enough other things wrong with it to make me uninterested.
---
In the name of Harman.
GT: Mr Classica GT: Will Smiths Cat
#6Stabs2503Posted 5/25/2013 8:57:04 AM
Good thing I don't buy used games or lend mine out, this doesn't affect me at all
---
MAINSTREAM'D
GT: xl Stabs lx
#7Kabuto_YPosted 5/25/2013 9:00:09 AM
Stabs2503 posted...
Good thing I don't buy used games or lend mine out, this doesn't affect me at all

"Good thing I'm not gay, disabled, or Jewish, this holocaust thing doesn't affect me at all!"

This kind of apathy is why these big publishers think they can get away with screwing over so many people as it is. Because you people let them :|
#8KevinpiranhaPosted 5/25/2013 9:10:23 AM
The mindset behind it is a no buy, whether or not they backpaddle does not change the ignorant assumption they had regarding our intelligence and willingness to be huckstered.

Kiala Kazebee said in Girlfriend Mode my exact feeling on the lack of backwards compatibility issue:

" Xbox One hardware is not compatible with Xbox 360 games. We designed Xbox One to play an entirely new generation of games. Games are architected to take full advantage of the state of the art processors and infinite power of the cloud.

~Major Larry Nelson

This "explanation" is insulting to the consumer base at best and elitist at worst. They want us to believe there was no way a system could be designed that was compatible with both the old and the new? WE ARE NERDS, Microsoft. We know how technology works. And for god's sake, don't dismiss the hundreds of expensive games we've bought in the past as relics to be put out to pasture (and rendered unsellable) because of corporate greed or (I'm sorry) "an eye towards the future". The future of what? Of planned obsolescence? No thank you. XBox is not "on a mission....for technology to step behind the curtain and let you take center stage" unless by "you" they mean "your wallet". This is some serious the great and powerful Oz BS and we gamers are not falling for it. Don't make us pay for a fake diploma and call it brains.
"

Also regarding the use of "the cloud" in gaming functionality, if your internet connection is less than great that day will game performance be hindered, background rendering and AI performance hobbled?
I'm sorry but if the performance of a game is is even SLIGHTLY reliant on a rock solid/constant internet connection then that is a design flaw** that severely limits any consoles usability or worth IMO.

So, no. This systems problems are multi-fold, not just DRM and anti-consumer related.

**(we know what it really is about though, control)
---
"What we were after now was the old surprise visit. That was a real kick and good for laughs and lashings of the old ultraviolent"
#9DarkAdonis123Posted 5/25/2013 9:13:30 AM
Rayden-Jolteon posted...
No, Still a heck of a lot wrong with it to consider a purchase.

This. That's just 1 thing in a sea of things I don't like about it. Having to connect every 24 hours is also a problem for far more people than they realize.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#10SpikeTheSpaceCowboyPosted 5/25/2013 9:16:57 AM
If this is true other rumors are going around that Microsoft will create a trading system within XBOX Live to get of games you don't want anymore. I've been thinking, considering how the XBOX Live Deals of the week and other types of sales have become my favorite way to get Arcade games, this system they are cooking up might not be to bad. And I have a feeling about Gamestop being involved in this system in some form or another, whether it be online or some way to do it through the retail stores.
---
GamerTag: MA5T3R SPIKE
"Stay smart"