Well, the era of standing consoles on their sides is over.

#11Foxx3kPosted 5/25/2013 9:06:12 PM
RingsOfUranus posted...
Consoles that have the option are more prone to overheating when laying flat, it's the reason most PC towers stand up. Less of the box laying flat and retaining heat, the better. Never understood the 'flat' design options we've had for years.

I'm not sure that's why PCs are towers.
If I laid my tower on the side with the MOBO, it'd make no difference. There aren't fans on that side anyway. If anything, I imagine that I could have better air-flow if I did that and if the "bottom" of my case had fan ports.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#12gumbyxcore99Posted 5/25/2013 9:19:30 PM
who does that?
---
iller than phil schiller
#13RingsOfUranusPosted 5/25/2013 9:26:12 PM
Foxx3k posted...
RingsOfUranus posted...
Consoles that have the option are more prone to overheating when laying flat, it's the reason most PC towers stand up. Less of the box laying flat and retaining heat, the better. Never understood the 'flat' design options we've had for years.

I'm not sure that's why PCs are towers.
If I laid my tower on the side with the MOBO, it'd make no difference. There aren't fans on that side anyway. If anything, I imagine that I could have better air-flow if I did that and if the "bottom" of my case had fan ports.

It has to do with the amount of metal pointing at a flat surface. As is, the bottom plate of your PC tower is relatively small compared to the sides. This allows less heat to be trapped under it.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC: 1636-3783-8366
GiftedACIII: Zettai ryouiki is a much more well known internet term than thigh-highs.