Which company do you want to quit or exit from gaming industry?

#1-Damien-Posted 5/28/2013 7:56:23 AM
Which one to boot - Results (112 votes)
Sony
7.14% (8 votes)
Microsoft
83.04% (93 votes)
Nintendo
9.82% (11 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Please vote, thanks
#2SilentS89Posted 5/28/2013 7:57:50 AM
Well.. I don't really want them to exit... I just want them to make the Xbone not terrible.

But If you put a gun to my head and made me choose, it'd be Microsoft.
---
Xbox: Has 99 Problems and the name is One
#3nothingbeastPosted 5/28/2013 7:57:58 AM
(x) None of the above. It's ridiculous to think less competition will be better for the consumer.

Especially in light of what's happening. You think MS would try LESS shenanigans if customers had fewer consoles?
---
~I was stomping goombas and saving princesses long before most of you were born.
#4-Damien-(Topic Creator)Posted 5/28/2013 7:59:32 AM
too many competing platforms, 2 are enough

the one that has the least to offer, gotta go.
#5wolf riderPosted 5/28/2013 8:00:37 AM
Nintendo is unique and Sony and MS keep the other in check.
#6SeromontisPosted 5/28/2013 8:01:08 AM
-Damien- posted...
too many competing platforms, 2 are enough

the one that has the least to offer, gotta go.

that's your opinion

and your opinion is wrong
#7reincarnator07Posted 5/28/2013 8:03:06 AM
None of the above. I want the X1 to fail to send a message that companies can't get away with this stuff, but I think Sony still needs some competition on their level. Sony without proper competition was what led to the PS3, which was a complete and utter failure when compared to the PS2
---
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero
#8Ghost-inZeShellPosted 5/28/2013 8:04:49 AM
Microsoft.

Between the three, they are the newest contender, but have already made the worst system of the eight generations.
They're backwards. Their fees, and requirements, and forced this and forced that, clearly show that they are putting their own interests before the customers'.
Bad move.
#9CapnStankyPosted 5/28/2013 8:06:39 AM
What moron would want less competition? Oohhhhh it's Damien. That makes sense. He just spent the past 8 years reassuring himself that Sony wasn't as awful as they turned out to be.
#10PedroMontanaPosted 5/28/2013 8:28:15 AM
nothingbeast posted...
(x) None of the above. It's ridiculous to think less competition will be better for the consumer.

Especially in light of what's happening. You think MS would try LESS shenanigans if customers had fewer consoles?

That one of the current competitor's leaves doesn't mean there would only be 2 left, someone else could step in.

Sega, Apple, Panasonic, pretty much any current bigger game publisher or electronics company could step in (with a proper strategy).
There is no reason to act like a hippie about wishing one of the big three to go, if the market is big enough to sustain 3 competitors, they will likely just be replaced by someone else - possibly someone better.

And to be honest, i personally think those situations where there were only 2 real international competitors usually worked out pretty well for gamers (SNES vs Genesis, Gameboy vs Game Gear, DS vs PSP, 3DS vs Vita).

So, to give my personal answer to the poll question:
MS actively tries to lead console game in a horrible direction, so i hope they have to leave the market soon.
I'd be happy if they get replaced by someone else/better, but i think a market where the main competition is purely between Sony and Nintendo could work too (as situations with 2 competitors worked well in the past).
---
No More Heroes