Which company do you want to quit or exit from gaming industry?

#11-Damien-(Topic Creator)Posted 5/28/2013 8:24:10 AM
bump
#12blazeUP12Posted 5/28/2013 8:44:50 AM
SilentS89 posted...
Well.. I don't really want them to exit... I just want them to make the Xbone not terrible.

But If you put a gun to my head and made me choose, it'd be Microsoft.

Same. But it looks like it's too late for that.
---
hello earthlings, i am from another planet
http://www.youtube.com/XXtheJUMPoffXX
#13stalker_sanPosted 5/28/2013 9:12:24 AM(edited)
(x) Whoever promotes DRM.

That means almost all publishers, Microsoft, and maybe Sony (depending on their decisions). What I want is a similar scenario to what happened in 1983, maybe even more drastic - also including the PC industry. Currently, publishers are the cancer of gaming.

EDIT: However, if I had to chose one company to instantly leave the business, it would be Valve. That would show people why DRM is bad, and why the gamer's freedom isn't a matter of price.
---
Games in gamer's hands, to ensure our freedom! Against DRM, Digital Distribution, Steam and X1!!!
#14-Damien-(Topic Creator)Posted 5/28/2013 11:31:32 AM
stalker_san posted...

That means almost all publishers, Microsoft, and maybe Sony (depending on their decisions). What I want is a similar scenario to what happened in 1983, maybe even more drastic - also including the PC industry. Currently, publishers are the cancer of gaming.

EDIT: However, if I had to chose one company to instantly leave the business, it would be Valve. That would show people why DRM is bad, and why the gamer's freedom isn't a matter of price.

don't include Sony in this.

THIS IS ALL MICROSOFT, EA, AND ACTIVISION. the 3 biggest evils in the gaming industry
#15stalker_sanPosted 5/28/2013 11:40:45 AM
-Damien- posted...
stalker_san posted...

don't include Sony in this.

THIS IS ALL MICROSOFT, EA, AND ACTIVISION. the 3 biggest evils in the gaming industry

I have the bad feeling that PS4 will have the same DRM system and that they just have a better strategy announcing it (saying it is up to the publisher, which basically means DRM on 95% of the games). That DRM stuff is all the game publishers doing - I believe that's the reason they avoid the Wii U. It would just fit.
There is still hope for Sony though. I'll be patient for now.
---
Games in gamer's hands, to ensure our freedom! Against DRM, Digital Distribution, Steam and X1!!!
#16-Damien-(Topic Creator)Posted 5/28/2013 3:34:34 PM
bump
#17morrigans_shirtPosted 5/28/2013 3:37:37 PM
Nintendo should just leave the console space at this point and focus on publishing mulit-platform games.
#18samurai1900Posted 5/28/2013 3:48:53 PM
EA, if that counts~

The mortal enemy of Kings of Games.
---
The King of Games has returned! Now in 1440p. - Samurai190
http://steamcommunity.com/id/SuperSamurai190//