Is anyone from a country that doesn't have a vibrant used game market?

#1backguard222Posted 5/28/2013 9:52:33 AM
If so can you tell us about how the market works there? Are the new games priced lower as some theorize they would be if there were no used game sales?

Can you share anything else that might be relevant to us on the issue please?
#2Kovalchuk_Posted 5/28/2013 9:56:13 AM
I live in US of A and the used game market will not really be impacted and people need to chill the f out.
---
Gamefaqs:
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/too-true-g1.gif
#3Blue_EarthPosted 5/28/2013 9:57:59 AM
We sell it thru internet site like ebay or amazon.
Or to a friend.
Or directly posting advertisement on a buy and sell forums.
---
PlayStation Network: Aoi_Chikyuu
Tatoe kono saki nani ga attemo, boku tachi wa tomodachi de iyou
#4LordPonchoPosted 5/28/2013 10:00:08 AM
I understand the frustration and everything, but used games are hardly worth it (if you're buying through gamestop, that is).
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
#5backguard222(Topic Creator)Posted 5/28/2013 1:08:46 PM
LordPoncho posted...
I understand the frustration and everything, but used games are hardly worth it (if you're buying through gamestop, that is).

There is a huge used game market beyond gamestop. Used games are especially worth it when games are out of print. It is the only way to play them.
#6LordPonchoPosted 5/29/2013 8:34:16 AM
backguard222 posted...
LordPoncho posted...

There is a huge used game market beyond gamestop. Used games are especially worth it when games are out of print. It is the only way to play them.

I already stated outside of Gamestop.

But the truth is, Gamestop is 95% of the used games market.
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
#7MrSpaM111Posted 5/29/2013 8:36:34 AM
So if you saw two copies of the same game on the shelf, one was used and cost $10, and the other was new and cost $60, your telling me you'd go for the $60 one?
#8wolf riderPosted 5/29/2013 8:39:07 AM
I'm from Aus, where new games cost $90-$100. The Aussie dollar is currently at parity with the US dollar.

It's cheaper to import a new game from asia or europe than to buy a used game in EB in Australia.
#9SPARTAN_D7Posted 5/29/2013 8:48:06 AM
MrSpaM111 posted...
So if you saw two copies of the same game on the shelf, one was used and cost $10, and the other was new and cost $60, your telling me you'd go for the $60 one?

Man I wish I lived where the difference between new and used was $50. Where I live a used copy of a $60 game usually costs $55. Which makes me mad knowing they probably gave some dumbarese who could have sold it on eBay for $40+ a $20 store credit. I then proceed to but the new $60 version somewhere else so I don't support that ripoff of a store (EBgames/GameStop)
---
Don't bro me if you don't know me.
#10JoshelplexPosted 5/29/2013 8:49:27 AM
backguard222 posted...
LordPoncho posted...

Exactly. I know tons of places in Winnipeg where I can get a new release between $45 and $50, but never mind new releases, the other day I nabbed EDF Insect Armageddon for $15 off Amazon. I can't buy that new at all. I'm sure as hell glad I didn't have to buy a license for it .
---
Magnificent Seven had the greatest soundtrack ever. FACT.
PSN: Joshelplex