Thanks Microsoft. Now I am considering an OUYA

#1BraveDogBFGPosted 5/28/2013 4:25:01 PM
This whole thing has made me really think about the reasons that I game.

I game for fun - this is number #1. A game can have great graphics but fail if it is not fun at its core.

I game to get away - i think this is about story. I like an escape, I like lore and back story and great characters.

I game to socialize. My wife and I still play RE5 and Rock Band because the multiplayer is so great.

I like graphics, but it is way low on my list.

Microsoft has put gaming secondary to 'multimedia'. Plus, they have given us the big middle finger when it comes to used games, online and the kinect

So, now, I am considering going with the OUYA, which I never even considered before.

Is it because it is going to solve all these issues? No, it is just because Microsoft has let me down so hard
#2BlackthoughtPosted 5/28/2013 4:38:09 PM
Turn on your Xbox look at your friends list. I bet half of your friends are not even playing games. I bet they are watching Netflix or hulu or YouTube or listening to music. You know the multimedia stuff.
---
Gamertag:TRUCK CMF
Shoot.Kill.Win.
#3IloveElitePosted 5/28/2013 4:41:21 PM
Totally understand the TC.

I'm going from Xbox 360 to a PS4 myself, but yeah an OUYA would be a better choice too.
---
Currently playing: MH3U and Lego City Undercover
Waiting for: Elite:Dangerous, Pikmin 3, GTA V
#4BraveDogBFG(Topic Creator)Posted 5/28/2013 4:42:18 PM
Blackthought posted...
Turn on your Xbox look at your friends list. I bet half of your friends are not even playing games. I bet they are watching Netflix or hulu or YouTube or listening to music. You know the multimedia stuff.

Only my friends with kids. Friends without children are playing minecraft and ME3 mostly.
#5teehee23Posted 5/28/2013 4:43:45 PM
Good.

We're buying Xbox One because we deserve the bestest.
---
"Xbox One, Wii U, and Xbox360 are our choices for the bestest games.
#6BudWisenheimerPosted 5/28/2013 4:44:26 PM
BraveDogBFG posted...
Only my friends with kids. Friends without children are playing minecraft and ME3 mostly.

That's interesting about Minecraft. Most of my friends with children are playing Minecraft almost exclusively.

#7favcitadelstorePosted 5/28/2013 4:45:44 PM
tbh i think the ouya is going to flop...

if something is going to keep me in my living room to play games i sure hope its got good specs and we're not just playing evony... (exaggeration)
---
MageGuyInfinity posted...
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive
#8BraveDogBFG(Topic Creator)Posted 5/28/2013 4:53:53 PM
favcitadelstore posted...
tbh i think the ouya is going to flop...

I think so too. I hope it doesn't. But I didn't even consider it until the One rolled out
#9regsantotomasPosted 5/28/2013 4:58:15 PM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd309/HTBrown1953/KoolAidOhYeahman.gif
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego