C/D Microsofts franchises have had the biggest decline in quality

#11NPG316Posted 5/28/2013 4:36:03 PM
D. I wouldn't say that quality is declining overall, but some of them are getting a bit stagnant (Gears, especially).

Without significant changes, all of these long running series are going to end up that way. Nintendo seems to be the only ones changing things up with their major series releases, even if it is usually just to take advantage of their newest console gimmick.
#12spacejamjordanzPosted 5/28/2013 4:36:16 PM
methosagain posted...
Murderstorm117 posted...
It seems that every one of their franchises that release on a yearly basis are just becoming worse every year. Halo and forza not to mention gears where judgment was a huge flop and fable has been reduced to having a kinect game

What!!!!???? Forza??? Your insane, each is better than the last and it has clearly eclipsed GT now.

Exactly. Forza is better than GT right now. I love GT, but Forza has clearly surpassed it. I am still looking forward to GT6. I could very well get a Xbox One just for Forza 5.
---
"Attack me if you dare. I will crush you." Ken Masters <Street Fighter II> PSN/XBL: Roivas2K7
#13Murderstorm117(Topic Creator)Posted 5/28/2013 4:36:33 PM
favcitadelstore posted...
what ARE sony's franchises, remind me please.

I can only think of infamous and uncharted lol...

have to say, uncharted 3 wasn't as good as 2.

Sony gets alot of new ips every gen MS had some at first and they just stopped caring.

I mean beyond two souls and last of us are coming out very soon and both are new
---
NNID Mstorm
#14favcitadelstorePosted 5/28/2013 4:37:45 PM
Murderstorm117 posted...

Sony gets alot of new ips every gen MS had some at first and they just stopped caring.

I mean beyond two souls and last of us are coming out very soon and both are new

yeah i know that, but was just trying to think of their own franchise series...

i guess GT also adds to the list...
---
MageGuyInfinity posted...
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive
#15NPG316Posted 5/28/2013 4:39:51 PM

You can throw in God of War, Ratchet and Clank, MLB The Show (I know, I know, lol baseball, but it is the best one out there), and a few others.

Sony's in the same boat with their major IPs getting a bit stale. Hopefully next gen will inspire some new ideas for them as well.
#16reptyle101Posted 5/28/2013 4:48:42 PM(edited)
MS introduced a bunch of stuff early on but dropped pretty much everything in favour of focusing on 3-4 core series. I mean sure they are decent series (except for Fable, Fable is awful) but they need more new ideas.

The range of franchises Sony has is why I prefer them over MS and Nintendo. Sony has their core older Ratchet & Clank, Twisted Metal and Wipeout and new franchises each gen like Uncharted, Resistance and LBP as well as lots of exclusive third party support from NISA and the like but still constantly make new IPs.

Nintendo has lots of core series but doesn't seem to care about doing new things either (or they start something new but rebrand it into an existing franchise like with Kirby's Epic Yarn).
---
Chase the morning
Yield for nothing
#17teehee23Posted 5/28/2013 4:46:30 PM
Deny to the maximum.
Microsoft's 1st party games are the bestest and I'm always right about these things.
No 1st party game has flopped as bad as playstation allstars.
---
"Xbox One, Wii U, and Xbox360 are our choices for the bestest games.
#18HENTAIDOJIPosted 5/28/2013 4:51:11 PM
D

God of War 3 - 93% Meta
God of War Ascension - 80% meta

Uncharted 2 - 96% meta
Uncharted Fight for Fortune - 67% meta
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg