I predict XBOne will be a huge success

#1kcypher2000Posted 5/28/2013 9:57:23 PM
Now i know all the doom and gloom topics are the in thing right now by people who don't care to think about economic benefits of blocking used games or the conspiracy theorists who care more about kinect watching them dance in their briefs than the Patriot Act. However I think the XBOne has a lot of potential to seize the market for the following reasons.

1. Kinect 2.0 and Xbox TV are catchy novelties that will appeal to the masses and help build a large install base. Large install base attracts developers.

2. MS actually markets their products. This huge push will once again help build the install base which is crucial to attracting developers.

3. Used game fees will increase profitability for publishers who would in turn fund developers to create more games for the system.

4. Securing the support of EA and Activision, the two biggest publishers in the industry guarantees the top multiplatform games on Xbox with timed exclusives. Also with the hire software attach ratio the Xbox 360 held compared to the ps3 its safe to say that the big publishers will support the XBOne.

5. Exclusives that sell systems. Ps3 had many great exclusives but at the end of the generation it still had less than the 360. People like to list every ps3 exclusive that came out even though none of them were really system sellers. Halo and Gears are considered staples of the Xbox because it actually increased system sales dramatically in the months in which they launched.
#2sadiq2010Posted 5/28/2013 10:02:08 PM
your topic is useless.

stop trolling.
#3kcypher2000(Topic Creator)Posted 5/28/2013 10:03:32 PM
sadiq2010 posted...
your topic is useless.

stop trolling.

Nice constructive feedback. Then again I expect a lot of mindless sheep like you who hate on MS just because its the "in" thing to do right now.
#4mohomadPosted 5/28/2013 10:04:01 PM
sadiq2010 posted...
your topic is useless.

stop trolling.

Why is the topic useless?
---
{GT: CrimsonJ0Hard} {Pokemon White 2: 5286-9236-8445 Aketsuo}
{Pokemon White: 1249-3761-7016 Pheron}
#5kcypher2000(Topic Creator)Posted 5/28/2013 10:06:49 PM(edited)
mohomad posted...
sadiq2010 posted...
your topic is useless.

stop trolling.

Kids like you make every topic useless or do you plan to make a point? You think you can do that? Come on try your best.
#6X Box KillerPosted 5/28/2013 10:07:53 PM
Must be a slow day at the M$ office for the interns, so they're spamming the Gamefaqs boards again.

Troll harder next time.
---
Now playing: Dragon Quest V.
XBox One press conference highlights: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbWgUO-Rqcw
#7mohomadPosted 5/28/2013 10:09:31 PM
kcypher2000 posted...
mohomad posted...
sadiq2010 posted...
your topic is useless.

stop trolling.

Kids like you make every topic useless or do you plan to make a point? You think you can do that? Come on try your best.

Are you saying I made this topic useless by asking someone else why they think this topic is useless?
---
{GT: CrimsonJ0Hard} {Pokemon White 2: 5286-9236-8445 Aketsuo}
{Pokemon White: 1249-3761-7016 Pheron}
#8kcypher2000(Topic Creator)Posted 5/28/2013 10:12:01 PM
X Box Killer posted...
Must be a slow day at the M$ office for the interns, so they're spamming the Gamefaqs boards again.

Troll harder next time.

I find this hilariously pathetic when pointing out logical reasons why the console might be a success is considered TROLLING. Do you even know what trolling means kiddo?
#9WhoIsTheDrizzlePosted 5/28/2013 10:29:31 PM
Support Microsoft, you're a troll.
Do not support Microsoft, you're a troll.
Mention Sony? You're a troll.
Ninte...Troll
Y..Troll
---
Do Work.
#10Styrof0amPosted 5/28/2013 10:32:37 PM
I have nothing concrete to base this on, but it seems to me streaming services are on the up, and that market is fiercly competitive with tablets, computers, cable boxes, Android sticks etc. so I'm not sure the TV protions of X1 will be a huge selling point. That said, with both NFL deals and fantasy football features there could be a huge sale for people who love american football.

The main selling point, I think though, will still be the games, and yes the X1 will probably do very well. despite all the rage right now. Poeple tend to forget what they were mad about yesterday.

X Box Killer posted...

Troll harder next time.

So you think MS planted TC on Gfaqs back in 2008, all so he in due would become the perfect shill?

Except, TC isn't praising MS in any way, he's merely making a prediciton, which he backs with some sound arguments.

Of course this generatse the same kneejerk reaction from all the sheep, that mindlessly regurgitate whatever is 'in' on Reddit right now