The Kinect wont spy and heres why

#1shawntew9935Posted 5/29/2013 11:19:53 AM
So you mean to tell me the Kinect is going to constantly send a bluray quality video feed along with audio to outside servers? Ever here of a little thing called an ISP data cap? Mine is 250 gigs. That data stream would burn through that in no time. Also online multiplayer alongside that datastream would be so laggy it would not be playable. Why would microsoft make a machine that was the biggest data hog ever for consumers. They would also need alot more than 300000 servers for that kind of data.
---
GT SuaveCorpsey
#2iamdanthamanPosted 5/29/2013 11:26:25 AM
Here's the thing: you know that kinect camera that those same people constantly say is a piece of garbage and can't do anything that MS says it can do and is just a glorified, overpriced webcam? The real reason it can't do what it is supposed to do is because it is actually the most sophisticated spy equipment in the world. It will look through your walls and see the food in your closet and the types of clothes that you buy, then it will give you advertizements based on things you like instead of things you don't care about. Those bastards.
---
All your base are belong to us
#3NeoAndurilPosted 5/29/2013 11:28:35 AM
M$ has software in the kinnect 2.0 that reads and registers your reactions to various commercials and other products including games that it then stores and sends out to their servers. They take this info and sell it to big corporations for beaucoup bucks.

They also have software that catalogs when you play, how much, what you say during a game, and the food and drink you consume while playing. What you're wearing, or not wearing in my case, is also registered.

it's not sending the video. You people can't be this dense. The first level analyzing happens client side. Meaning some of the computation power of the spy box 1 is going directly to spying on you. That data is then created as a text file and sent, unencrypted over your network, into the webs.

Please don't be this dumb.
#4shawntew9935(Topic Creator)Posted 5/29/2013 11:30:48 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#5darkharePosted 5/29/2013 11:33:13 AM
this is a example of people blowing things out of purportion in hopes that the valid arguments get buried, i dont think anyone really thinks that kinect can do any of this crap your spouting but what it can do brings up arguments of morality, and because of that simple fact they have already lost.
#6shinstochinsPosted 5/29/2013 11:36:34 AM
shawntew9935 posted...
So you mean to tell me the Kinect is going to constantly send a bluray quality video feed along with audio to outside servers? Ever here of a little thing called an ISP data cap? Mine is 250 gigs. That data stream would burn through that in no time. Also online multiplayer alongside that datastream would be so laggy it would not be playable. Why would microsoft make a machine that was the biggest data hog ever for consumers. They would also need alot more than 300000 servers for that kind of data.

wow you have no idea what you are talking about
#7shawntew9935(Topic Creator)Posted 5/29/2013 11:46:24 AM
NeoAnduril posted...
M$ has software in the kinnect 2.0 that reads and registers your reactions to various commercials and other products including games that it then stores and sends out to their servers. They take this info and sell it to big corporations for beaucoup bucks.

They also have software that catalogs when you play, how much, what you say during a game, and the food and drink you consume while playing. What you're wearing, or not wearing in my case, is also registered.

it's not sending the video. You people can't be this dense. The first level analyzing happens client side. Meaning some of the computation power of the spy box 1 is going directly to spying on you. That data is then created as a text file and sent, unencrypted over your network, into the webs.

So it is 40 percent weaker than a ps4 but somehow has the spare processing power to analyze raw video for products all while playing call of duty. All of this causing very little impact to performance.
---
GT SuaveCorpsey
#8NeoAndurilPosted 5/29/2013 11:50:02 AM
So it is 40 percent weaker than a ps4 but somehow has the spare processing power to analyze raw video for products all while playing call of duty. All of this causing very little impact to performance.

No, what you're doing is flat out creating falsehoods.

It's significantly less powerful than the ps4, AND in addition to that, you'll be losing computation power to process your entire f***ing life and send that info to m$.

In short, its even less powerful than they say.
#9robitussin217Posted 5/29/2013 11:58:33 AM
I heard on NPR recently of a scientific research project that utilizes the kinect. Sorry I can't remember details.
#10iamdanthamanPosted 5/29/2013 12:03:55 PM
NeoAnduril posted...

So basically what I said before. Kinect, which is a piece of crap and can't recognize you well enough to play games, and is not innovative at all according to the fanboys. Is apparently sophisticated enough to identify each individual item in your living room, connect it to it's manufacturer, and tell MS about it.

Also, Sony and MS already track the games you play and when. Who is being dumb?
---
All your base are belong to us