The Kinect wont spy and heres why

#11NeoAndurilPosted 5/29/2013 12:05:00 PM
So basically what I said before. Kinect, which is a piece of crap and can't recognize you well enough to play games, and is not innovative at all according to the fanboys. Is apparently sophisticated enough to identify each individual item in your living room, connect it to it's manufacturer, and tell MS about it.

not the original kinnect, kinnect 2.0 is a far more advanced version. f*** is wrong with you?
#12iamdanthamanPosted 5/29/2013 12:08:18 PM
NeoAnduril posted...
So basically what I said before. Kinect, which is a piece of crap and can't recognize you well enough to play games, and is not innovative at all according to the fanboys. Is apparently sophisticated enough to identify each individual item in your living room, connect it to it's manufacturer, and tell MS about it.

not the original kinnect, kinnect 2.0 is a far more advanced version. f*** is wrong with you?

Ok, so you are admitting that kinect 2.0 is the most advanced piece of consumer electronics of all time and far more impressive than anything that sony has ever done?
---
All your base are belong to us
#13NeoAndurilPosted 5/29/2013 12:12:20 PM
Ok, so you are admitting that kinect 2.0 is the most advanced piece of consumer electronics of all time and far more impressive than anything that sony has ever done?

lol. You're a hoot.
#14DerekLoffinPosted 5/29/2013 12:12:41 PM
shawntew9935 posted...
So you mean to tell me the Kinect is going to constantly send a bluray quality video feed along with audio to outside servers? Ever here of a little thing called an ISP data cap? Mine is 250 gigs. That data stream would burn through that in no time. Also online multiplayer alongside that datastream would be so laggy it would not be playable. Why would microsoft make a machine that was the biggest data hog ever for consumers. They would also need alot more than 300000 servers for that kind of data.

You don't need to send constant full resolution live video to spy on someone. The Kinect 2.0 has explicit capacity to recognize you, and potentially recognize various objects in the field of view. Likewise, it has speech recognition which can allow it to identity parts of what you are saying. Combine these and you can start to easily deduce some interesting things about people. Google does lots of spying merely by watching which pages you click on. It isn't hard. This thing will have a lot more access than that.

Just take for instance this simple thing, Kinect 2.0 will know who you game with. While this can be convenient, it can also be seriously intrusive.
---
--
I am power made flesh, feel how weak you truly are. --Akuma
#15shawntew9935(Topic Creator)Posted 5/29/2013 1:03:56 PM
DerekLoffin posted...
shawntew9935 posted...
So you mean to tell me the Kinect is going to constantly send a bluray quality video feed along with audio to outside servers? Ever here of a little thing called an ISP data cap? Mine is 250 gigs. That data stream would burn through that in no time. Also online multiplayer alongside that datastream would be so laggy it would not be playable. Why would microsoft make a machine that was the biggest data hog ever for consumers. They would also need alot more than 300000 servers for that kind of data.

You don't need to send constant full resolution live video to spy on someone. The Kinect 2.0 has explicit capacity to recognize you, and potentially recognize various objects in the field of view. Likewise, it has speech recognition which can allow it to identity parts of what you are saying. Combine these and you can start to easily deduce some interesting things about people. Google does lots of spying merely by watching which pages you click on. It isn't hard. This thing will have a lot more access than that.

Just take for instance this simple thing, Kinect 2.0 will know who you game with. While this can be convenient, it can also be seriously intrusive.

So you are saying that even though this thing is 40 percent weaker than the ps4, it will play the same games and magically still create enough processing power to analyze raw video and audio looking for a product, and magically send this data to microsoft without using ny data. I think you have all been watching too much "Person of Interest".
---
GT SuaveCorpsey
#16kyncaniPosted 5/29/2013 1:33:20 PM
shawntew9935 posted...
DerekLoffin posted...
shawntew9935 posted...

So you are saying that even though this thing is 40 percent weaker than the ps4, it will play the same games and magically still create enough processing power to analyze raw video and audio looking for a product, and magically send this data to microsoft without using ny data. I think you have all been watching too much "Person of Interest".

Yes, an online camera and a microphone connected to the internet with a 8 core CPU, 500 GB of local storage and 8 GB or RAM is way more than enough to collect private information.
#17garcia_jxPosted 5/29/2013 1:41:45 PM
iamdanthaman posted...
Here's the thing: you know that kinect camera that those same people constantly say is a piece of garbage and can't do anything that MS says it can do and is just a glorified, overpriced webcam? The real reason it can't do what it is supposed to do is because it is actually the most sophisticated spy equipment in the world. It will look through your walls and see the food in your closet and the types of clothes that you buy, then it will give you advertizements based on things you like instead of things you don't care about. Those bastards.

don't forget that you get an achievement for buying clothing and stuff from the ads.
#18garcia_jxPosted 5/29/2013 1:43:25 PM
NeoAnduril posted...

Kinect = terminator; Kinect 2.0 = T-1000+Terminator
#19shawntew9935(Topic Creator)Posted 5/29/2013 1:46:11 PM
kyncani posted...
shawntew9935 posted...
DerekLoffin posted...
shawntew9935 posted...

Yes, an online camera and a microphone connected to the internet with a 8 core CPU, 500 GB of local storage and 8 GB or RAM is way more than enough to collect private information.

So it can play games, Skype, be on the internet, and analyze every detail of the enviroment all at once. Sounds way more powerfull than the PS4. Lol, must have alein tech for that much computational performance.
---
GT SuaveCorpsey
#20AwayFromHerePosted 5/29/2013 1:50:13 PM

So it can play games, Skype, be on the internet, and analyze every detail of the enviroment all at once. Sounds way more powerfull than the PS4. Lol, must have alein tech for that much computational performance.

And the PS4 can livestream and have your friends play for you.

Also, PS Eye, completely optional.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.