can you record live tv on the xbox one?

#11PHOENIXZEROPosted 5/30/2013 10:13:56 AM
Kosmo240985 posted...
MRL3G3ND posted...
lol right you'll still have to go to the other remote for all your pay per view, on demand and dvr stuff

so in reality it one be the only ONE thing in your entertainment center

it will be at least the 3rd entertainment device

your cable box
Your surround sound amp
xbox one

and if it doesn't play 3D blu rays it will be my fourth

it will replace your cable box, on demand, everything.

and if it has a blue ray player, which its already confirmed that it does, it can play 3d. the 3d comes from the disk, not the box. you just need a 3d compatible TV.

so essentially it will be the xbox one/surround sound combo and thats it.

It won't replace your cable box because your cable box will still need to be hooked up for it to work, it's also not a DVR.

Voice commands will suck unless the XBO is actually smart enough to recognize just one person's voice and not screw up with either someone else saying commands be it in the same place or on TV.
---
Band/Artist I've been listening to way too much: Fallon Bowman/Amphibious Assault.
https://soundcloud.com/fallonbowman
#12Kosmo240985Posted 5/30/2013 10:16:35 AM
PHOENIXZERO posted...
Kosmo240985 posted...
MRL3G3ND posted...
lol right you'll still have to go to the other remote for all your pay per view, on demand and dvr stuff

so in reality it one be the only ONE thing in your entertainment center

it will be at least the 3rd entertainment device

your cable box
Your surround sound amp
xbox one

and if it doesn't play 3D blu rays it will be my fourth

it will replace your cable box, on demand, everything.

and if it has a blue ray player, which its already confirmed that it does, it can play 3d. the 3d comes from the disk, not the box. you just need a 3d compatible TV.

so essentially it will be the xbox one/surround sound combo and thats it.

It won't replace your cable box because your cable box will still need to be hooked up for it to work, it's also not a DVR.

Voice commands will suck unless the XBO is actually smart enough to recognize just one person's voice and not screw up with either someone else saying commands be it in the same place or on TV.

did you not watch the release, they stated it will replace your box functions, and they said the voice recognition can recognize ho to sign into what profile based on voice alone. so no one will be able to jack the commands.
---
GT: Kozzie85
#13DerBananasPosted 5/30/2013 10:21:35 AM
It has been confirmed that it does need a cable box to use the tv features. So the cable box to xbox one to surround sound is accurate.

http://allthingsd.com/20130522/why-microsofts-xbox-one-wont-kick-the-cable-guy-out-of-your-house/

"And Microsoft will be literally tied to cable. In order to get the TV part of Xbox One to work, you’ll end up plugging it into your existing cable box, and performing what the industry calls an “HDMI pass-through.”"
#14darkshadowmasterPosted 5/30/2013 10:23:38 AM
I thought I read somewhere that it will not do DVR functions outside of your games. If you want the DVR function you will need a DVR, but it will work as a basic cable box.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#15Kosmo240985Posted 5/30/2013 10:27:29 AM
DerBananas posted...
It has been confirmed that it does need a cable box to use the tv features. So the cable box to xbox one to surround sound is accurate.

http://allthingsd.com/20130522/why-microsofts-xbox-one-wont-kick-the-cable-guy-out-of-your-house/

"And Microsoft will be literally tied to cable. In order to get the TV part of Xbox One to work, you’ll end up plugging it into your existing cable box, and performing what the industry calls an “HDMI pass-through.”"

ahh, i see

i misunderstood the release info then.

good to know. thanks for the link!
---
GT: Kozzie85
#16matt-nicklinPosted 5/30/2013 10:35:04 AM
See that's the point I don't get with the Xbox tv, I highly doubt we will be able to record a program then watch it later. I'd rather record it on my sky box then watch it when I want. Not have to stop playing to watch it live.
---
Black FC 2924 3613 2338
Black 2 FC 5115 1478 8907
#17regsantotomasPosted 5/30/2013 10:41:05 AM
Frankly, I think this feature addresses the ADD nature of the market as a whole. People may want to tune to their TV while pausing a game because they were texted by a friend that there is something on.

Consumer attention spans are short and this addresses the need for immediacy which understandably, isn't necessarily a concern for many core gamers.

I am sure Microsoft would love nothing more than having you on their platform while looking at all this multi-media stuff.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#18RybalPosted 5/30/2013 12:14:45 PM
It won't replace the cable box - it will be in addition to the cable box.

Also, for the life of me, I can't figure out why they'd need the IR receiver on the back. Why not just send the information through the HDMI cable, since that is capable of sending info both ways. Having an extra IR receiver is just going to make things clunky.