Could every majour release be repeat of sim city/D3/HL2

#1wolfwingPosted 5/30/2013 9:26:17 PM
When you have everyone trying to download the game they bought, and people can't log in to authenticate their games, and download what if any extra data they might need, so your stuck unable to play the game for a few days to a week.

Not sure if that be a problem, but could just see Halo 5 completly overwhelming the servers. I remember people unable to play half life 2 for a few days despite buying it from the store.
---
currently playing Mass effect 3/Diablo 3 and soon to be path of exile.
#2wolfwing(Topic Creator)Posted 5/31/2013 1:58:51 AM
Any thoughts? I would think xbox live wouldn't have that issue...but when you consider how many game releases cause problems on other servers and such.
---
#3Raven236Posted 5/31/2013 2:01:38 AM
Let me put it this way....

Even if you stress test your servers and can predict the network traffic...

You will never really get the full picture of a day one launch traffic until it actually happens, not even during the Beta testing stages....

Diablo 3 and Sim City thought us that.
---
PSN ID: Raven236 / N3DS FC: 1590-4697-4287
SSFIV Main: Sakura
#4YeomanlyPosted 5/31/2013 2:01:51 AM
wolfwing posted...
Any thoughts? I would think xbox live wouldn't have that issue...but when you consider how many game releases cause problems on other servers and such.

It will be fine, Servers are already up now and they are just making them bigger. Live works differently to above games as people log on when they turn the machine on, very staggered.

Games above had users waiting for start time and then all hammering servers the instant they came up, totally different.
#5SilentS89Posted 5/31/2013 2:02:23 AM
Raven236 posted...
Let me put it this way....

Even if you stress test your servers and can predict the network traffic...

You will never really get the full picture of a day one launch traffic until it actually happens, not even during the Beta testing stages....

Diablo 3 and Sim City thought us that.

Now we can enjoy this experience with Single Player games too.
#6wolfwing(Topic Creator)Posted 5/31/2013 2:15:24 AM(edited)
Yeomanly posted...
wolfwing posted...

It will be fine, Servers are already up now and they are just making them bigger. Live works differently to above games as people log on when they turn the machine on, very staggered.

Games above had users waiting for start time and then all hammering servers the instant they came up, totally different.

yeah, but other then a few small big name arcade games, we never had first day download sales, now imagine 80% of halo 5 fanboys buying halo on the xbone so they can play right at midnight or what ever, trying to download.
---
#7LoveSheepPosted 5/31/2013 3:08:34 AM
This thing is garbage.

I am glad I have an OUYA.
---
ONE less console to buy.
Microsoft should patent corporate stupidity.
#8wolfwing(Topic Creator)Posted 5/31/2013 12:13:14 PM
Any more thoughts, has xbox live been tested the way that something like halo 5 would test the system?
---
#9wolfwing(Topic Creator)Posted 5/31/2013 12:48:47 PM
Not to mention...no net for a day....:> If anything like the xbox 360, is there any way to choke the xbox 360 download rate ON the xbox 360? Downloading 1.6 program and cant' even chat here, hate to imagine downloading a full game especially wen 50k other players are too.
---