Noticed an interesting advert in UK.

#1catzrul2002Posted 5/30/2013 11:20:25 PM
It's basically a man sitting on a couch at the beach with a TV infront of him, he's making hand gestures and giving voice commands.

My initial reaction reaction was 'Wow, they are advertising the Xbone already?'

At the end I expected the Xbone to be shown but instead, it was the TV itself, a Samsung one if anyone wants to know.

Has the Xbone already been outdated by standard Smart-TVs?

Also can anyone tell me what a 'shill' is? I find it funny but I wanna know what the origin is.
#2JaghavePosted 5/30/2013 11:22:13 PM
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shill
---
I7-2600k OC @ 4.10GHZ | GeForce GTX 580 | 8 GB DDR3. XBOX-I the second coming of the CD-I
http://www.backloggery.com/main.php?user=jaghave
#3catzrul2002(Topic Creator)Posted 5/30/2013 11:28:20 PM
Jaghave posted...
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shill

Ah, I see now, makes perfect sense, thank you.
#4ChargrilledPosted 5/30/2013 11:36:16 PM
Those samsung tvs cost a lot, and dont play games
Plus theyre watching you and sending data to samsung

What? Everyone else is doing it. Anything with cameras is now fair game.
---
GT : DeadJericho / PSN/Wii-U : Focalpoint /
Correct terminology is 'Could NOT care less'. Learn English!
#5The moonlight knightPosted 5/31/2013 6:27:56 AM
Chargrilled posted...
Those samsung tvs cost a lot, and dont play games
Plus theyre watching you and sending data to samsung

What? Everyone else is doing it. Anything with cameras is now fair game.

The difference is it's confirmed by Microsoft itself that the Kinect can spy on you, but you supposedly get to "opt in" to that before it happens.
---
I am snazzier, hot, hot rant. Warily slight as.
Croak rush, OK? Weirder, almighty make out. ::)
#6scoobydoobydontPosted 5/31/2013 6:30:37 AM(edited)
$400 console that does a ton of things, or a new TV for twice/triple that which will never get updated... hmm..... this is a tough choice.
---
The writing was on the wall with Bioware the minute you could completely void all of your decisions with one choice in KOTOR.
#7AarksharkPosted 5/31/2013 6:48:46 AM
scoobydoobydont posted...
$400 console that does a ton of things, or a new TV for twice/triple that which will never get updated... hmm..... this is a tough choice.

TVs reduce in price fairly quickly.
The Xbone will reduce in price slightly, or be completely replaced with a "new" version for the same price as the original.
---
Gamertag/PSN ID/Steam: Navllyk
Common sense is actually ultra rare and must be bought from premium spectre packs to have a chance of obtaining it. -Cicero.me-
#8scoobydoobydontPosted 5/31/2013 6:57:27 AM
Aarkshark posted...

TVs reduce in price fairly quickly.
The Xbone will reduce in price slightly, or be completely replaced with a "new" version for the same price as the original.

Okay? You aren't making a very good case, even if I agreed with those assertions. XBO will be updated regularly for nearly a decade, becoming better and better. I don't care how fast tv prices drop, they are still more costly and don't improve. You'll be lucky if there's a single update to your tv in a year, before support (development) is dropped entirely. Plus, I can't play Quantum Break or Forza on my tv's hardware.
---
The writing was on the wall with Bioware the minute you could completely void all of your decisions with one choice in KOTOR.
#9Sniper_BrosefPosted 5/31/2013 7:02:30 AM(edited)

I doubt this will be a $400 console...

Unless they tack on a 2 year Xbox Live subscription.
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
#10bessy67Posted 5/31/2013 7:04:15 AM
Sniper_Brosef posted...

I doubt this will be a $400 console...

Unless they tack on a 2 year Xbox Live subscription.

But seeing as the cheapest model of the smart TV with smart interaction is $1500 on Amazon, we can be pretty sure the Xbox One will still be less than half the price.
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67