Do you even like Call of Duty?

#21slowdog76Posted 5/31/2013 1:05:02 AM
yup. i took a break from it for a year with MW3. that year off meant i came to bo2 really refreshed. i prefer the treyarch games anyway, but still...

some of my friends played mw3, semi competitively (we all do) in a league, and now, they are completely burned out with cod. i play bo2 often and am enjoying it. not every day for hours at a time, but a few times a week

was planning on missing mw4, but ghosts looks....interesting.
---
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Confucius
#22knightimexPosted 5/31/2013 3:59:03 AM
MW2 was the last GOOD cod game to come out, however later games in the franchise had game modes, features, and abilities I would have LOVED to use in MW2.

COD is a solid experience, but they constantly seem to miss the mark with every new installment, but add nice new features as time progresses.
---
Old School Style Games FTW!
XBL, PSN, NNID: KnightimeX
#23reptyle101Posted 5/31/2013 4:03:53 AM
I never like the MW games all that much (and I hated MW2) but I don't mind the Blops games. I had a lot of fun with BO1 but when the second came around it was getting a little boring. I've never been one to play a single game or series a ton.
---
Chase the morning
Yield for nothing
#24Atreides825Posted 5/31/2013 5:14:06 AM
stekim40 posted...
No, its trash but so are other fps games like BF, Halo, MoH, etc etc

I somewhat agree with this sentiment.
---
"We're the Imperial fething Guard and it's our lot in life to be fethed."
- Major Rawne, Tanith First-and-Only
#25XechsPosted 5/31/2013 6:27:32 AM
I mildly enjoyed the multiplayer. I like MW2 the best for consoles, just seemed the most smooth and fastpaced. Plus I love nuking people (ie them all rage quitting). It's also the franchise you would mildly enjoy with friends family and acquaintances.

Personally what turned me off was the Black ops and MW3 introduction of lag compensation especially the latter 2 games. Makes it unplayable to me on consoles, especially when PC got dedicated servers.

I do give them props for finally adding in dual local co-op online play. Seems like a lot more people are bringing couch guest, It's one feature I loved about halo series and warhawk.
---
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u222/xechs/1198847692478tg1.gif
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u222/xechs/rankastar.gif Ranka-Macross Frontier
#26Team_NinjaPosted 5/31/2013 6:38:26 AM
Never was a fan, but this game was hyped up as can be, and I couldn't stop hearing people talk about how great it was. Is it really a POS game now? Good, I'm so glad of it. Tired of hearing about it.
#27Blaze_T_dragonPosted 5/31/2013 6:51:33 AM(edited)
I've played it a little bit on some friend's consoles, and I saw a little bit of fun there, but I'd take a game like TF2 any day easily.

My problem with it is that I don't want to play a video game to simulate a "realistic" environment. If I do, then it better be a really cool "realistic" environment, and maybe let a few things slide for the sake of fun. Why would I want to play CoD where everyone looks the same and there's really only 3 or 4 types of guns with just a bunch of different names and very minor variations, when I could play a game like TF2 where there's a lot more variety in not only core gameplay mechanics, but also the environments and abilities of the classes. Including some silly things, like double jumping onto a bridge to whack someone with a baseball bat. Plus I don't see the need to release an entirely new game every year when, once again, TF2 (I'm not trying to preach the word of Valve, it's just a good comparison in this case) shows that you can keep a game alive and fresh for years with free updates and still make a boatload of cash.

Not to mention that it didn't take long before I started just Muting everyone as soon as I joined a match.
---
Will not change sig until a Portable Smash Bros. comes out ~ Apr. 27, 2009