IMO the only way for the Xbox One to not be a complete failure....

#1GeneralCortezPosted 5/31/2013 2:50:08 AM
Considering the massive backlash across the webz, Xbox One is in bad shape

IMO, Microsoft needs to rename it. Divorce it from the Xbox name. Have it only have casual games and kinect, and continue their idiotic focus on multimedia stuff.

At this point, begin making a real Xbox 720 that is basically the more powerful legitimate successor to the Xbox 360, and changes nothing. No internet connection required, no used game fee, no weird kinect watching and listening to you, no being forced to install games(not that thats the worst thing ever, but loading times dont bother me, installing and reinstallling games as I get sick of them does)

They do this, the "Xbox One" might achieve commercial success amongst casuals and technofreaks who like weird things, and the Xbox 720 might would regain our confidence as gamers
---
"Er kann mich am Arsche lecken!"-Goetz von Berlichingen
[Papal Crusaders]
#2YeomanlyPosted 5/31/2013 2:56:47 AM
So a handful of whinging gamers don't like the Xbox One's features and it's a failure?

Seems the media love it, people who don't live on forums love it, pre-orders are massive.

The world does not revolve around forums, if it did we would be doomed.
#3NinjadoggiePosted 5/31/2013 2:58:38 AM
Its very hard for them now, indeed. A few super cool exclusives is not enough anymore.
They showed pretty well that they are not interested in having me as their customer. Only offering services I don`t need, and limitations.

I wanted them to show something innovative that would get me interested in their gaming console, but they failed 10/10. Doing some damage control by showing some Forza and Halo is not what I care for.
#4L4ndoGr1ff1nPosted 5/31/2013 2:59:55 AM
Yeomanly posted...
So a handful of whinging gamers don't like the Xbox One's features and it's a failure?

Seems the media love it, people who don't live on forums love it, pre-orders are massive.

The world does not revolve around forums, if it did we would be doomed.

What alternate reality are you living in?
---
Shaped by those we`ve lost
#5Millertime660Posted 5/31/2013 3:02:15 AM
GeneralCortez posted...
Considering the massive backlash across the webz, Xbox One is in bad shape

IMO, Microsoft needs to rename it. Divorce it from the Xbox name. Have it only have casual games and kinect, and continue their idiotic focus on multimedia stuff.

At this point, begin making a real Xbox 720 that is basically the more powerful legitimate successor to the Xbox 360, and changes nothing. No internet connection required, no used game fee, no weird kinect watching and listening to you, no being forced to install games(not that thats the worst thing ever, but loading times dont bother me, installing and reinstallling games as I get sick of them does)

They do this, the "Xbox One" might achieve commercial success amongst casuals and technofreaks who like weird things, and the Xbox 720 might would regain our confidence as gamers

I highly doubt any of this would help the backlash they are recieving. You kind of have to wait till the system is launched before you can consider it a failure. In the business world at least....
#6YeomanlyPosted 5/31/2013 3:04:44 AM
L4ndoGr1ff1n posted...

What alternate reality are you living in?

Prove me wrong then.

Pre-orders, seem they are massive for both consoles right now, but Xbox One just out in front.

Media, ignore clicky sites that make up titles for gain and you tubers that jump onto biggest current topic for hits, we are left with main media who all praise Xbox One.

And average people I speak to away from internetz all love the new consoles, irrelavant of policys.
#7GeneralCortez(Topic Creator)Posted 5/31/2013 3:05:19 AM
The media likes it because the media is paid off by Micro$oft *rolls eyes* Everybody I have seen online is in a rage about it. It doesnt even seem hardcore Xbox fans like it.

And thats true that it cant be considered a failure yet, but I dunno. I aint buying the goddamn thing, nobody I know wants it either
---
"Er kann mich am Arsche lecken!"-Goetz von Berlichingen
[Papal Crusaders]
#8Waffle manPosted 5/31/2013 3:07:25 AM
GeneralCortez posted...
The media likes it because the media is paid off by Micro$oft *rolls eyes* Everybody I have seen online is in a rage about it. It doesnt even seem hardcore Xbox fans like it.

And thats true that it cant be considered a failure yet, but I dunno. I aint buying the goddamn thing, nobody I know wants it either

And yet... I have a feeling that we'll have a HEAVY dose of marketing that will sway a lot of people who never follow news like this into buying it. I don't really know how to judge how well it will do in terms of sales... but I just have this sinking feeling that it'll still do fairly well.

We'll just have to see how this debacle plays out.
---
They should have a stronger word for killing. Like BadWrong. Or, baddong. Yes, Killing is Baddong. - The Chosen One
#9Millertime660Posted 5/31/2013 3:07:36 AM
GeneralCortez posted...

Im a pretty big xbox fan and I like it.....wouldnt say hardcore though
#10Nerfed_MePosted 5/31/2013 3:08:13 AM
Yeomanly is a new user he is probably paid off for damage control lol.
---
Linkin Park may be the best band that debuted in 2000 but I still love Coldplay!