Sim City the console

#11Blaze_T_dragonPosted 5/31/2013 7:03:57 AM
Foppe posted...
reptyle101 posted...
Foppe posted...
Wait wait wait...
How can you base the quality of the game depending if it's using the Cloud or not?

Error 37, look it up.

(on a side note Diablo III on PS4 is going to be playable offline)

Still got nothing to do with the quality of the game.

I believe the point they're getting at is that it's a further annoyance that you won't be able to play your game if the servers are overloaded, which has been a consistent problem with every game that does that, from the latest Sim City, to Diablo III, and many others. A natural side-effect is further getting away from the whole "Pick up and Play" aspect that consoles were once known for.

Not to mention that it doesn't matter how good a game is if you can't play it. If I was handed HL2 and during the entire time I had to review it, having not played it yet, I was unable to get it to run for a trivial reason that I could do nothing about, I would give it a horrible review since that's the kind of BS people don't want to deal with in a recreational activity. Even if I later came back once the servers were less crowded, it'd still lower the score.
---
Will not change sig until a Portable Smash Bros. comes out ~ Apr. 27, 2009
#12weltall1028Posted 5/31/2013 7:19:36 AM
Blaze_T_dragon posted...
Foppe posted...
reptyle101 posted...
Foppe posted...
Wait wait wait...
How can you base the quality of the game depending if it's using the Cloud or not?

Error 37, look it up.

(on a side note Diablo III on PS4 is going to be playable offline)

Still got nothing to do with the quality of the game.

A natural side-effect is further getting away from the whole "Pick up and Play" aspect that consoles were once known for.

This.
---
JRPGs rule! Apparently, buying used games makes me a thief. I also steal cars, PCs, CDs, and DVDs. Oh yeah, JRPGs rule!
#13Agent101cPosted 5/31/2013 7:32:55 AM
I'd prefer a CoDsole at this point. Even though Treyarch's trend of nerfs disgust me, CoD is what I spend 75% of my Xbox time doing. If they just made a console that digitally uploaded the latest CoD, I'd just buy that.

Let's face it there's enough CoD's coming out fast enough to warrant its own console. It's a freaking dynasty at this point.

So yeah put me down for a pre-order of the Console of Duty.
---
Gamertag:
Sidearm Slim
#14CyberneticRatPosted 5/31/2013 7:37:14 AM
Well, Microsoft did boast about that humongous server space they bought.

Besides, with most gamers boycotting the Xbox One, I guess they won't have much of a problem with overloaded servers.
---
Gamer Tag: MANNKILLER83
Proud Supporter of The Wonderbolts
#15Blaze_T_dragonPosted 5/31/2013 7:41:16 AM
CyberneticRat posted...
Well, Microsoft did boast about that humongous server space they bought.

Besides, with most gamers boycotting the Xbox One, I guess they won't have much of a problem with overloaded servers.

lol

Also, the 300,000 servers meant about as much as the 5 billion transistors. It was just a big number they could throw on the screen to make themselves look pretty.
---
Will not change sig until a Portable Smash Bros. comes out ~ Apr. 27, 2009