PC CD-Keys system isn't what MS is doing.

#1wildluckPosted 5/31/2013 1:02:07 PM
Some it seem think that what MS is doing with the X1, is the same as the PC CD key system, they are nothing alike.

PC CD Key system:
Buy a new game, get CD key and enter it to install the game. Depending on the game, some do link to one account with your heros but mostly seen on the MMORPG side of gaming.

Once your done, can give to a friend with CD key for them to play and enjoy. Reason you don't see them used is because people worry some one is already using the CD key.

Xbone:
Buy a game and installs to one account for free, and must do it online otherwise it won't install. Once your done if you want to, you can pass the game to your friend and must do one of two things. First would be give them your user name or they pay for the game all over again. Mind you if they use your account you risk all of your game access if Microsoft see two people try to sign into the same account maybe.

Did I explain this clearly enough?
---
Wii U: WilDLucK
#2HamstermilkPosted 5/31/2013 1:04:15 PM
Fine, "DVD-Key", or "BlueRay-Key".

There is a unique identifier on the disk, if you have to enter it manually or the system detects it really does not make it less then the current PC-Keys.
#3Ch3wyPosted 5/31/2013 1:05:27 PM
Have you played a PC game in the last 10 years?

CD keys aren't re-usable anymore.
#4unclekoolaid73Posted 5/31/2013 1:05:36 PM
Until it is explained clearly by Microsoft this is all speculation. Thanks for playing better luck next time.
---
Americans dont retreat, we reload.
#5CapwnDPosted 5/31/2013 1:14:41 PM
You're not going to type in a key, if that's what you're suggesting.
---
There's no sensation to compare with this
Suspended animation, a state of bliss
#6duces9killaPosted 5/31/2013 1:16:30 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#7CapwnDPosted 5/31/2013 1:29:54 PM
lol u mad? All I said was it's not going to be a key that you type in. Not sure what you're malfunction is.

Try deep breaths, maybe take a midol.
---
There's no sensation to compare with this
Suspended animation, a state of bliss
#8FoppePosted 5/31/2013 1:30:23 PM
>>calling CapwnD a Xbox fangirl

...are you new around here?
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#9wildluck(Topic Creator)Posted 5/31/2013 1:33:44 PM
CD Keys are still reuseable and what games are not? My Red Alert 3 by EA is being played by my friend with his own account on my CD key and know Guild wars 2 has been passed on to other people.

Now my Starcraft 2 keys are linked to my account but gave my nephew the access and he playing 2 games off of that without fees or disk access.
---
Wii U: WilDLucK
#10uthoria205Posted 5/31/2013 1:49:48 PM
unclekoolaid73 posted...
Until it is explained clearly by Microsoft this is all speculation. Thanks for playing better luck next time.

---
After the XBO reveal: http://i.imgur.com/AJS7VHe.gif