Hating on the Xbox One is the cool thing to do right now

#1pat2001Posted 5/31/2013 1:34:40 PM
Whenever I talk to my friends about this it drives me crazy. Simply because I'm cautiously optimistic about the Xbox One most people think I'm totally out of touch with the industry.

I understand the issues people have with the system but I think we all just need to wait and see what happens at E3.

http://o.canada.com/2013/05/31/press-start-xbox-one-hating-on-it-is-the-cool-thing-to-do-right-now/
#2heartlessprinnyPosted 5/31/2013 1:35:53 PM
Yes it is, you're clearly not cool.
#3pat2001(Topic Creator)Posted 5/31/2013 1:36:39 PM
Damn bro. That hurts.
#4wildluckPosted 5/31/2013 1:36:47 PM
E3 is only about the games, so nothing about the problem will be on any of the topics. So watch another trailer of Cod, EA sports and what other IPs they want to show off.
---
Wii U: WilDLucK
#5PigfartsPosted 5/31/2013 1:39:27 PM
The vast majoity of haters are going to get it eventually. First we will see how good MS is as a company that listens. At E3 they might makes changes, rather then just rationalize why they are shafting us.

I can hate on the X1 all I want, but if they get a big exclusive I want to play like the next fallout or elderscrolls or even a exlcuive yugioh game Ill get it.

I will also give MS a shot of the brown eye at least once a day in full spread glory.
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.
#6wolfwingPosted 5/31/2013 1:45:34 PM
If I get X1 it won't be for years, and only depending on how they handle things, right now I don't trust them, but they can earn my trust if they show they have changed. But I'm definetly not getting year one or day one till I see what develops out of all these things. First year PS4, second year maybe computer, then third year maybe Xbox one. I really only get one system a year as about all I can afford with other things.
---
currently playing Mass effect 3/Diablo 3 and soon to be path of exile.
#7mooninomicsPosted 5/31/2013 1:48:51 PM
It is the cool thing to do, you're right. That's why everyone started copying me when I started it.
---
Are you suggesting that moon should get off his ass and write some stories? He's like the Stephen King of gamefaqs. - Sorbz
#8schweedubzPosted 5/31/2013 1:50:24 PM
pat2001 posted...
Whenever I talk to my friends about this it drives me crazy. Simply because I'm cautiously optimistic about the Xbox One most people think I'm totally out of touch with the industry.

I understand the issues people have with the system but I think we all just need to wait and see what happens at E3.

http://o.canada.com/2013/05/31/press-start-xbox-one-hating-on-it-is-the-cool-thing-to-do-right-now/

What exactly are you optimistic about? Hoping the "rumors" aren't true? Highly unlikely.

Waiting to hear about the game selection? Their games won't negate their anti-consumer policies no matter how awesome they are.
---
https://twitter.com/SchweeDubulus
#9Dark_EinherjarPosted 5/31/2013 1:53:41 PM
A bunch of good games won't make me forget about everything else: the internet requirements; the always-on Kinect; the restrictions on reselling, lending, giving and trading used games; the fact that the VERY FIRST IMPRESSION of the console was that games were a secondary thing; and the fact that Microsoft thinks all gamers are mindless drones who will buy everything anyway.
---
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals."
-Sirius Black
#10ILikesCheesePosted 5/31/2013 1:55:57 PM
pat2001 posted...
Hating on the Xbox One is the cool thing to do right now

I guess this means you are not one of the "cool" kids then, huh? Enjoy life at the dork table!

:D
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?