So will the system require internet connection once a day?

#1Lucha_VillaPosted 5/31/2013 1:38:02 PM
Just asking.
#2FoppePosted 5/31/2013 1:41:47 PM
That was what they originally said, yes.
And then they danced around the question.
It will probably be reconfirmed or changed at E3.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#3Lucha_Villa(Topic Creator)Posted 5/31/2013 1:46:08 PM
Is it really common for companies to "change" their practice after they have announced it?

What if they announce that "No, you can still play offline." but actually don't follow it. Can they get into serious s***?
#4Sniper_BrosefPosted 5/31/2013 1:47:46 PM
Lucha_Villa posted...
Is it really common for companies to "change" their practice after they have announced it?

What if they announce that "No, you can still play offline." but actually don't follow it. Can they get into serious s***?

Well I believe the 360 was announced to have no BC before it's launch and then shortly after they were updating it to emulate the original xbox games. So, yes?
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
#5FoppePosted 5/31/2013 1:49:36 PM
Ah yes, they can change things based on multiple reasons.
We can use the PS3 as example.
Originally it had two HDMI ports and no GPU. The Cell was powerful enough to give us native 1080p in all games. And it had a different controller, the famous boomerang controller that they changed after the internet rage.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#6Bane766Posted 5/31/2013 1:50:28 PM
They would have an anti-trust suit on their hands if they said you can play offline, but you couldn't. In a second.

Hell they may have one even if they say you can't, anyway. I wouldn't be surprised. People don't always read fine-print like that. And not everyone has access to broadband internet around the US-so the console (if the checks are indeed incorporated) won't work for those people.
---
Douleur Peur Mort
#7FoppePosted 5/31/2013 1:55:24 PM
Microsoft should know that it exist millions of Americans that can't get anything better than dial up.
Just Saiyan.
---
#8Lucha_Villa(Topic Creator)Posted 5/31/2013 1:59:51 PM
Microsoft should know that it exist millions of Americans that can't get anything better than dial up.
Just Saiyan.

I'm one of those and I live 5 minutes away from downtown. This is stupid ridiculous.
#9SORS_IMMANISPosted 5/31/2013 2:04:16 PM
According to current stated information, yes. No subsequent statement has changed this, despite what some shills will try to get you to believe.

Microsoft realised that they released too much information about the way their system works, and are now trying to obfuscate the issue with vague propaganda and misinformation.
#10solo220Posted 5/31/2013 2:06:29 PM
Lucha_Villa posted...
Just asking.

No firm answer yet, but my guess is that you need to connect at least once to validate, though frequency is undetermined